Author Topic: Uses for KASHMIRI MASALA  (Read 19130 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Uses for KASHMIRI MASALA
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2018, 11:05 AM »
Thanks LC but it looks like another big miss out here in Oz.

I'm actually now waiting on a refund on my recently ordered Laziza products. After completing the online order process and paying through PayPal, I received an email from a guy explaining that he was developing a website for someone and that they never expected anyone to actually buy the products. My research must be pretty isolated out here. Obviously not many Aussies want Tikka Boti.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 11:25 AM by livo »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2018, 12:59 PM »
Have you tried this recipe, Livo ?  And was this the site from which you ordered ?

** Phil.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 02:48 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

littlechilie

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2018, 08:32 PM »
Thanks LC but it looks like another big miss out here in Oz.

I'm actually now waiting on a refund on my recently ordered Laziza products. After completing the online order process and paying through PayPal, I received an email from a guy explaining that he was developing a website for someone and that they never expected anyone to actually buy the products. My research must be pretty isolated out here. Obviously not many Aussies want Tikka Boti.

(Obviously not many Aussies want Tikka Boti.)sorry but lol  ;D

Livo,I have PM you.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2018, 10:02 PM »
Thanks again Phil. I'll give that a try. No, that isn't the site I ordered from. I had seen it before but I was after the Laziza brand Tikka Boti. Have you tried the Shan? I didn't mind the Shan Shami Kabab Masala but didn't think much of the box instructions. (see off topic below)

Thank you to LC as well. I have some good leads to work on now thanks to you and Phil.

I actually spoke to the young proprietor of my local Indian grocer a couple of days ago and explained what I'm after. To say he was surprised at my requests is an understatement, but he has promised to source some bits and pieces for me if he can. He asked me what I was doing and when I told him he was astounded at my knowledge and efforts and said "even I can't do that".

I have also found that there are quite a few large IGs, in parts of Sydney, that have considerable product range, but they are not online at all. I visit the Skin Cancer clinic at a large hospital in that area every 6 months so my next trip will involve a bit of leg work and some short distance train hopping.

Off topic, The Shan Shami Kabab instructions were way off with the covered pot and even after I'd removed it I found that I still had a very wet mix and I considered it unworkable for the formation of the Kababs so I added thickening agents. This turned fine and the Kababs were good. Then I watched a couple of videos on the Lucknow Kababs, including the famous Tunday Kababi street stall . Maybe my mix was not too wet and that is how it is meant to be.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2018, 10:11 PM »
Thanks again Phil. I'll give that a try. No, that isn't the site I ordered from. I had seen it before but I was after the Laziza brand Tikka Boti.

OK, there seem to be a number of sites with Australian domains offering Laziza Tikka Boti; maybe one of them will be able to help.

Have you tried the Shan?

No, I've used a number of their products, but never Tikka Boti.  When I have made chicken tikka in the past (and when I have made tandoori chicken, for that matter), I have just used individual spices and herbs, no pre-made mixes.  Lacking a tandoor, these are not dishes that I make frequently -- indeed, it is several years since I last did.

** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2018, 10:52 PM »
Thanks Phil, I think India At Home  might be the strongest chance. The public room is the site under development I await my refund from.  It is no longer reachable and ozbazar gives warning of unsecured hacking and does not go to a Page. I had seen most of these but there are some I hadn't. Melbourne seems the place. Sydney is hopeless.

Of course I could just make do with raw ingredients and recipes such as you provided. It is not imperative to have the packet mixes. I have been able to find some things but the whole Indian market scene out here is a bit odd. As a grey haired old white Anglo Saxon I'm a bit foreign. The online supply simply appears to be quite dodgy.

Actually India At Home is the only link that works. The others are faulty, or misdirects or as is the case with The Spice Merchants, they failed to reply to my contacts. EBay is a link to UK products with crazy shipping costs. >:( Thanks anyway but this is what I already found.
Y

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 10:52 PM »
Have you tried this recipe, Livo ?
** Phil.

I have now. ;D  Still a bit of room in the Spice Cupboard, just.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 11:07 PM »
Jolly good !  Incidentally, I was in Costless in Plymouth yesterday (a multi-ethnic food shop) and they had a number of items from the Laziza range, but sadly not any tikka balti, otherwise I would have bought you a packet ...

** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2018, 11:13 PM »
I haven't completely given up all hope out here yet, and also LC is investigating putting together a glee package for me.  I have had offers from yourself and a few others in this regard and I am very appreciative. I just think that adding post from the opposite end of the planet is a bit extreme for a couple of bucks worth of spice, but we'll see  how it pans out.

littlechilie

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2018, 02:58 AM »
Livo I just noticed your spice cupboard is double stacked.. WoW!

©2024 Curry Recipes