Author Topic: What are you going to be cooking tonight? :)  (Read 14526 times)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: What are you going to be cooking tonight? :)
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 09:43 PM »
Then go for all 3 and have a Thali!!  ;D

Yes indeed all three would have been brilliant, sadly I had two obstacles to overcome namely my daughters but not for the reasons you may be thinking. Both had decided during the day, to organise odd meetings with friends and would be back at different times, so I had to go with a different plan. The upside, I have created a lovely recipe for smoked paprika pork stroganoff, that was equally as delicious.  :)

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 06:21 AM »
Dhansak without pineapple? How uncouth. ;) ;D

I've got withdrawal symptoms, I haven't had curry for 8 whole days. So tonight we are having a Chicken Korma, chicken tikka dhansak (with pineapple 8)), Lamb jalfrezi and mushroom bhajee with pillau rice and rotis.

Bring on tea time. :D

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 07:44 AM »
Then go for all 3 and have a Thali!!  ;D

Yes indeed all three would have been brilliant, sadly I had two obstacles to overcome namely my daughters but not for the reasons you may be thinking. Both had decided during the day, to organise odd meetings with friends and would be back at different times, so I had to go with a different plan. The upside, I have created a lovely recipe for smoked paprika pork stroganoff, that was equally as delicious.  :)

A man after my own heart. I love Stroganoff with smoked paprika!! :)

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 09:09 AM »
Hi Axe
Do love a lamb chop is there a recipe you can share for the Peshwari chop  ;)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 11:58 AM »
Having run short of ordinary pre-cooked chicken it was time to top up stocks.  I now use Ifindforu's method as standard.  I've tried a few methods and IMHO  i think this one takes some beating.  Having done this it was time to make tonights supper and a jalfrezi that i'd promised a friend.

CBM's jalfreze - it was absolutely delicious.  It nearly didn't leave the house ::)

Surprise surprise  :o :o. It's CT's madras yet again with Dips mushroom rice ::)  I really am beginning to worry about my eating habits.  I find myself cooking this with some regularity now after 30 years on the hot stuff.  Can somebody explain to me why ??? ;D  Pic quality is a bit naf.  My camera work isn't too good after 7 bottles of Leffe ;D

A better view of the main event.  I must have stopped wobbling briefly ::).  Forgive the oil, but it went down very well :P

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 12:09 PM »
Having run short of ordinary pre-cooked chicken it was time to top up stocks.  I now use Ifindforu's method as standard.  I've tried a few methods and IMHO  i think this one takes some beating.  Having done this it was time to make tonights supper and a jalfrezi that i'd promised a friend.

CBM's jalfreze - it was absolutely delicious.  It nearly didn't leave the house ::)

Surprise surprise  :o :o. It's CT's madras yet again with Dips mushroom rice ::)  I really am beginning to worry about my eating habits.  I find myself cooking this with some regularity now after 30 years on the hot stuff.  Can somebody explain to me why ??? ;D  Pic quality is a bit naf.  My camera work isn't too good after 7 bottles of Leffe ;D

A better view of the main event.  I must have stopped wobbling briefly ::).  Forgive the oil, but it went down very well :P

Looks absolutely delicious!! :)

I got a 2nd hand Fridge Freezer yesterday that my neighbour is throwing out. Guess what I'm going to be doing all this week?  ;D ;D

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 12:11 PM »
That all looks delicious CH. we need to get you posting videos of how you get such a nice texture to your dishes.

Can you point me towards Ifindforu's precook method please? There seems to be great variation in opinion on how to precook meat, with some people oven roasting it, others boiling in water and some boiling in base sauce. I've been wondering which is most effective since I normally just use tikka meat in everything.

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 12:17 PM »

It went down so well, i've typed it up in my recipe book. Used scrumpy as the main cooking liquor and feel I might even try adding some apple next time round as well. Have you tried anything like that with your Stroganoff Bob?

Hi Axe
Do love a lamb chop is there a recipe you can share for the Peshwari chop  ;)

Hi Michael, I was going to attempt this following recipe taken from the Great British Chefs website:

http://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/peshwari-kebab

CH, 7 Bottles of Leffe and the pictured Madras, you must have been 'well oiled'  ;D 8) :P

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 12:26 PM »

It went down so well, i've typed it up in my recipe book. Used scrumpy as the main cooking liquor and feel I might even try adding some apple next time round as well. Have you tried anything like that with your Stroganoff Bob?

No, I haven't so please post the recipe, sounds fantastic :)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 12:33 PM »
CH, 7 Bottles of Leffe and the pictured Madras, you must have been 'well oiled'  ;D 8) :P

Let's just say that the parts of the body not reached by the oil in the madras were certainly reached by the Leffe.  This rocket fuel goes far beyond that other excuse for a beer that was supposed to "reach parts of the body other beers cannot reach" ;) .  Just having the antedote now :(  Maybe i had one too many (beers of course)  ::)

©2024 Curry Recipes