Author Topic: LONDON OLYMPICS 2012 :) Update  (Read 13558 times)

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: LONDON OLYMPICS 2012 :) Update
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 03:54 PM »
Bloody hell Bob, you have been a busy bee.

Big congratulations on a job well done. 8)

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 04:11 PM »
WOW

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 05:01 PM »
nice job bob  ;D

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 08:41 PM »
What a great experience that must have been for you. 8)

putting all them calories in the opposition, no wonder we did so well  ;D :P

well done!

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 09:03 PM »
During the cooking process we obviously tasted and adjusted season and or spices to suit :)

How and when did you adjust the spices? Were there any professional chefs there who provided any new guidance on such matters? Indeed, did you have any prior experience of commercial cooking  with such large quantities of any kind of cuisine yourself?

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 03:55 AM »
What a great experience that must have been for you. 8)

putting all them calories in the opposition, no wonder we did so well  ;D :P

well done!

These were made for the workforce not the athletes :)

Their menu's were very strict and no additions.

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 04:00 AM »
During the cooking process we obviously tasted and adjusted season and or spices to suit :)

How and when did you adjust the spices? Were there any professional chefs there who provided any new guidance on such matters? Indeed, did you have any prior experience of commercial cooking  with such large quantities of any kind of cuisine yourself?

Purely by taste George. If I didn't think it tasted like what I wanted to produce for the dish I was preparing, then I would adjust the seasoning.

There were no other chef's there that had any knowledge whatsoever about BIR cooking. If they made a curry, they just threw half a bag of curry powder and some chilli in.

They were all standing around and asking questions when I made the base sauce and curries and they have actually learned a lot lol.

I had never been inside a commercial kitchen before in my life, so I have learned a lot too :)

Obviously, these large batches of curry did lack to a degree the finer tastes that one would get from cooking a single portion, but apart from that, they went like hot cakes and we even had people coming back and giving us compliments, which the other chefs did not happen previously :)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 07:50 AM »
My admiration for your achievement grows with every message you post, Bob : with no prior experience it must have been a pretty intimidating venture to undertake, but you took it on and triumphed.  You weren't SAS or SBS in a former existence, were you ?!

** Phil.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 09:59 AM »
I had never been inside a commercial kitchen before in my life, so I have learned a lot too :)

I'm highly impressed with your success on this job and it's so good of you to let us know how it went. I'm amazed though, with the greatest respect, that they took on anyone who lacked some previous experience cooking in a large kitchen, such as a school, factory or cruise liner. I wouldn't know where to start. It also strikes me hard labour, given  the temperatures, deadlines and everything. Who are you actually employed by? Is it a catering contractor?

The customers must have thought there were Asian (BIR) chefs there, to produce restaurant type food like that!

Offline Tommy Timebomb

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 12:52 PM »
You must of got an immense sense of job satisfaction Bob and certainly something good to put on your CV. ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes