Author Topic: Chicken Curry  (Read 15281 times)

Offline rossy

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Curry
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 09:08 PM »
Well have to tell you Mike this recipe of yours is now a firm favourite for me and mine, it just gets better, I don't yet feel confident enough to make my own base and sauce yet and this has been a great starting block for me, I thank you again for a great dish!

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Thanks  ;D I am glad you like it so much. Its been a while since I cooked it as I have been using Darths base sauce (with great success) it maybe one for you to try at a later date perhaps....cheers..and happy cooking........  ;)

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 03:35 AM »
Rossy, just go for it.  Forget confidence, that will come later.  try and remember the trials and tribulations you faced in your life as a youngster, and those you overcame and mastered.  Curry is a lot like this; it takes practice & experimentation.  At the end of the day you will find what makes you happy, not the mass's opinion.  Think about it;, BIRs take this chance every day, some fail and some win.  The difference is money! (and the Chef  ;D)

Trust in you trip and go for it.

Bi Bi everyone, guys and gals all

CP

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 09:17 PM »
Nicely put CP  ;)

Offline method45

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Mike,

Just to say thanks for this great recipe - have cooked it 4 times now and it does just keep getting better & better (my girlfriend is a BIG fan!)

Was my first foray into Indian cooking & will def not be my last!  ;)

Best,

Method

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 06:18 PM »
Hi Method,  ;) Glad you enjoyed it and impressed your girlfriend with your curry cooking skills  ;) .I haven`t cooked it for a while but it was our regular Saturday night feast. I have been busy trying a few recipes from this site lately......Thanks for the feedback chap.. ;D.

All the best.....  ;D

Offline Millemanuk

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 09:02 PM »
I know its been a while for a reply BUT I found your recipe yesterday and tried it out on my unsuspecting wife and friends and they LOVED it, I mean licking plate clean loved it!! ;D ;D

Top notch my friend, doubt I can surpass that

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 10:21 PM »
Hi Millemanuk,  ;) thanks for your kind comments my friend. It is a nice curry to do and always gives a perfect result. I haven`t cooked it for a while but am very tempted to try it again soon. Thanks again. Glad you enjoyed it.  ;D

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 03:11 PM »
I notice MT has added the seemingly now 'traditional' coriander garnish with this dish.

I lived in the Middle east for 8 years ('76 - '84) & travelled all over ME, FE & Africa incl India, Sri Lanka - in all those years eating curries & all sorts of dishes everywhere, I never ever came across coriander used as the liberally sprinkled garnish that it appears to be today.  i have a friend who often was physically ill after eating certain Indian meals - but couldn't put his finger on the cause - until he took an Indian cookery course & tasted alll the spices and herbs .  When he bit into coriander, he knew instantly what the cause of his problem was.  I must say myself, it is not a taste I care for at all & feel it spoils a meal the way it is lavished so liberally over evry In dian dish you come across.  Even when you say no coriander - it still gets put on !

When did coriander suddenly become de rigeur to be put onto Indian meals ?  Basically it spoils the taste for me.  I never used to see it in ME or Uk for that matter until say 15 years ago

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 10:03 PM »
Hi Ghoulie,  ;) It does seem to be that most Indian recipes finish with the words "Add coriander to garnish". I have started to leave this out now when cooking as it begins to taste like sucking the end of a pencil if you add too much. Thanks for your comments.....regards..mike.  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes