Author Topic: white korma?  (Read 14842 times)

Online Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: white korma?
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 12:48 PM »
For anyone having a go at the white korma I think I may have what could be the perfect starter. Jiggy?s creamy chicken tikka (Malai Tikka).  Below is a tester I made last night.  There is cashew nut paste and a bit of g/g and green chilli paste in there, but the tour de force is Philadelphia cheese and cream.  I felt the taste was similar to something I once experienced at McDonalds, and the best part of the dish was the piece of tomato.  However, the wife likes it, which is good news as there is half a kilo left in the fridge. 

Does it not look lovely folks? 

Rob  :)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 12:53 PM »
Hi GOTG,

Lovely though that may look, it looks to me like a lovely piece of marinated and grilled chicken.

Where's the sauce to justify it being called a "white korma"?

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 12:59 PM »
"Cow & Gate" what, exactly ?
** Phil.

Tinned baby milk formula Phil

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 01:07 PM »
Tinned baby milk formula Phil
Ah, would that the the same stuff that is vigorously promoted in the Third World [1], much to the benefit of the profits of the manufacturers and the detriment of the health of the babes and infants there ?
--------
[1] http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2007/may/15/medicineandhealth.lifeandhealth

Online Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 01:09 PM »
Where's the sauce to justify it being called a "white korma"?

Erm, it is a tikka starter apparently cory.  I think it looks awful. Yogurt mint dip?

Rob  ;)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 01:37 PM »
I'm sorry, GOTG, I'm now totally confused?

So a "white korma" is a "tikka starter" akin that that sold in McDonalds, is it?  ???

And, to add to my confusion, what has "yoghurt mint dip" got to do with it?  :o

Oh!  Perhaps your previous comments were you being ironic!  ;)

Online Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 01:53 PM »
I'm sorry, GOTG, I'm now totally confused?

Yes, I can see that.

Rob  :)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 04:23 PM »
It's making me think twice now about my "Purple" Garlic Chili Chicken Masala and "Green" Chicken Tikka Masala all served out of Hollowed Pumpkins for next Wednesday nights, Halloween Curries at the Uni!!  ;D ;D

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 06:04 PM »
It's making me think twice now about my "Purple" Garlic Chili Chicken Masala and "Green" Chicken Tikka Masala all served out of Hollowed Pumpkins for next Wednesday nights, Halloween Curries at the Uni!!
In all seriousness, I think the re-think is wise.  If you really were planning to serve curries with non-canonical colours, I think you could reasonably expect the uptake to be lower than normal.  I have eaten the Nepalese green version of tandoori chicken in Fleet, and was seriously unimpressed.

** Phil.

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 06:12 PM »
It's making me think twice now about my "Purple" Garlic Chili Chicken Masala and "Green" Chicken Tikka Masala all served out of Hollowed Pumpkins for next Wednesday nights, Halloween Curries at the Uni!!
In all seriousness, I think the re-think is wise.  If you really were planning to serve curries with non-canonical colours, I think you could reasonably expect the uptake to be lower than normal.  I have eaten the Nepalese green version of tandoori chicken in Fleet, and was seriously unimpressed.

** Phil.

It was just a joke Phil..... Do you really think I would serve that kind of food to the public? ;)

Oh, by the way, there will only be 2 curries on Halloween, Thursday night will be curry night as usual with more choice if you are around :)

©2024 Curry Recipes