Author Topic: white korma?  (Read 14951 times)

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: white korma?
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 10:18 AM »
In her biography on Voltaire, Hall wrote the phrase: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

But presumably that also applies to my opinion that it's out of order to criticise too heavily anything which clearly isn't to one's taste, as in mocking those who might enjoy a korma, pop artist or anything.

However, let's give your approach a try. I'll no longer refrain from expressing my true opinion on some of the dishes you enjoy making, but which I personally can't stand. I think it will be a retrograde step for the forum, if everyone does what you're done, but let's give it a try. I urge everyone to join in.

George, I fear that you miss the point. If you go back to your comment, you expressed the opinion that I was intolerant. That's absolutely fine - I have no problem with that. As said, I may disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

However, in the next sentence you instruct me to "keep such opinions to [myself]".

That's where the problem is, and where free speech comes under attack. But whether or not you can see the point here, I'm not going to dwell on it any more. It's been fun (some brilliant verbal swordplay between you and your mate there, Phil  ;D), but life is too short and there are curries to be made... *

*But obviously not kormas...  ;) (For me, anyway...)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:41 PM by Salvador Dhali »

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 05:40 PM »
If anyone fancies a curry, kormalong to my house

;)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 03:38 PM »
Could It have been Hilda Ogden?  :P

Ah now there's a real woman!   :o

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 03:51 PM »
Could It have been Hilda Ogden?  :P

Ah now there's a real woman!   :o
Almost in the late Nora Batty's league, in fact ...

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 12:49 AM »
Salt, Coriander, Red Chilli, Garlic, Ginger, Black Pepper, White Pepper, Turmeric, Sugar, Mace, Cumin, Citric Acid (E330), Cinnamon, Onion.

Any korma connoisseurs fancy trying it and reporting back?

It should be noted that Korma isn't originally  a BIR dish. It has it's roots in persia and originally it's not even a sweet dish as we see it in birs. It's a nutty and mildly spiced dish -- that is essentially how the pataks korma paste tastes like.  The south indians for example eat a version of korma that is fiery and makes use of tomato. Coconut is not always used in the original recipes.

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 07:11 PM »
 ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes