Author Topic: Halloween at the Uni....  (Read 1706 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Halloween at the Uni....
« on: October 31, 2012, 09:14 PM »
So, yesterday, I was asked by Head Chef, so come in today at 11am and work till 7pm, so we could produce the curries for today's, "Halloween" for the evening service.

For some strange reason, I just woke up at about 7am, and as I didn't have much to do thought I would go in a little earlier and help out with the lunchtime service.

Upon entering the Kitchen, it was announced that, the "Halloween Curries", would now be served at lunchtime as there were more students at lunchtime...... This was at 10am and service starts at 12 noon......

We had no base sauce, luckily I marinaded the Chicken Tikka on Monday, and had made the Tarka Dhal yesterday..... The menu today, was Chicken Tikka Dhansak and Chicken Tikka Lao, plus I thought we would use the rest of the Tarka Dhal as one of the vegetarian recipes....

We had to chop 50 onions, 30 peppers, 3 pumpkins (for the squash for the Lao), make 10 litres of fresh base sauce, cook 25kg of Chicken Tikka, 3 trays of rice, plus cut 3 very large pumpkins in half and scoop out all the flesh so we could use the pumpkins as, "witches cauldrons" to serve the curries out of.

I wanted to make, "Zombie Fingers", chilies coated in a, "Tempura Batter" and deep fried, plus some other things, but just never got the time :(

It still seemed to turn out quite well and we got a lot of positive feedback from the front of house staff... just wish we had time to do more...

Chicken Tikka Dhansak & Chicken Tikka Lao

Tarka Dhal

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween at the Uni....
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 09:47 PM »
I take it you had to work your magic a bit to get that lot ready then Bob?  That's what you get for going in early.  Another fine example of curry culinary delight.  My pointed hat off to you Sir ;)

Offline StoneCut

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween at the Uni....
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 09:32 AM »
Hhhm, I want some for breakfast :)

©2024 Curry Recipes