Author Topic: Secret Curry Recipes  (Read 3222 times)

Offline Achille17

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Secret Curry Recipes
« on: November 03, 2012, 10:27 PM »
Has anyone ever heard or try some recipes from this website:

http://secretcurryrecipes.weebly.com

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Curry Recipes
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 11:13 PM »
Interesting site, whoever is behind it clearly has a good knowledge of BIR recipes because the info all seems quite credible. I wouldn't mind betting they're a member is either this site or the other forum. I realise it's easy to nitpick but I don't think the recipe for onion sauce is quite correct - in my experience this needs to be boiled for around 2 hrs to get the sweetness to emerge in the onions, 30 mins as stated will not be in the right ballpark IMHO.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 11:19 PM »
All I see under each recipe category is a youtube window with a message that the video has gone because the youtube account has been terminated.  Strange.

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 11:23 PM »
Interesting site, whoever is behind it clearly has a good knowledge of BIR recipes because the info all seems quite credible. I wouldn't mind betting they're a member is either this site or the other forum. I realise it's easy to nitpick but I don't think the recipe for onion sauce is quite correct - in my experience this needs to be boiled for around 2 hrs to get the sweetness to emerge in the onions, 30 mins as stated will not be in the right ballpark IMHO.
Ditto nj, for example what is the "onion sauce" used for? looks like a c2g rip

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 11:27 PM »
I took it to be an onion sauce which would be used in dopiaza, although his dopiaza sauce doesn't mention it. Certainly you're not going to bring out sweetness in onions by boiling them for only 30 mins.

©2024 Curry Recipes