Author Topic: My Lamb Bhoona On The Bone.  (Read 4270 times)

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
My Lamb Bhoona On The Bone.
« on: May 18, 2006, 12:35 AM »
Hi Everyone,

This is my Lamb Bhoona on the bone which I have just eaten for my supper it's made from the Lambs Leg which is expertly cut up by those wonderful Indians butchers who trim off every bit of fat and sinew then cut it into bite size pieces.

Then they crank the Bansaw up and cut the bone into bitesize pieces with an exact amount of meat left around the bone I must say they are like surgeons which our butchers would never have the Patience do for us and of course it's halal which is related to the Muslim faith I cant see how it tastes any different myself I suppose it's their religious beliefs.

Mine tasted lovely tonight anyway !

Regards
Layne   ;)

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: My Lamb Bhoona On The Bone.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 04:40 AM »
Hi Layne
That looks really good, hope them chills are not just for show any chance of the recipe.

Cheers

Chas :P

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 10:02 AM »
Hi Layne,

Looks great, good old chillies an all! 

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 10:06 AM »
I love a well made lamb bhoona but don't get to make it very often because lamb is so expensive. 

How much do you pay to get the leg cut up for you Layne?

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 11:30 AM »
Hi CK

The Indian butchers in my area don't charge for cutting up the Lamb or any other meat as far as I know as long as you purchase it from them.

I buy a whole leg of Lamb which costs about ?12 to ?14  depending on weight of course and the meat is weighed AFTER being trimmed of fat and sinnew so you are not paying for waste.

I then weigh out four equal portions sharing the bone pieces between them in plastic bags and put them in the freezer then defrost and cook as required (roughly 1+quarter lb in each bag) which is just right for 2 people or in my case 2 suppers.

Or I may buy a whole leg of Mutton for ?10 to ?12 but you would get half as much meat extra again than Lamb because it's cheaper Mutton needs to be cooked / simmered for twice as long as Lamb but it definitely has more flavour most Indian families will go for the Mutton because it goes further for their money and it has a much stronger taste.

Layne   ;)

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 08:55 PM »
Hi Layne,

Just looked at your pics again and I am very impressed!  Would you give me your recipe I would love to have a go!  Bhoona is not one that I have very often eaten, can't remember the last time, but yours looks so good I'd like to try it again.  CQ  Hope you don't mind me asking.

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 11:45 AM »
Hi CQ

Yes no problem I have already posted this recipe under authentic recipes I hope you like it please let me know what you think of the finished product.

Layne   ;)

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 03:15 PM »
Looks great Layne!  :D  Thanks for sharing your photos!

©2024 Curry Recipes