Author Topic: Madras from terry's base  (Read 6165 times)

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Madras from terry's base
« on: May 24, 2006, 10:54 AM »
Hi all,
This is a madras from Terry's base, very pleased with the result the special spice mix does make a hell of a difference.

I cooked it in the pancake pan I bought about a year ago, made a hell of a mess on the kitchen worktop, so these pictures are after I cleaned up and most of all, before my little piranha fish got home. I forgot just how good that pan is, gets hot very quickly.

Re: Madras from terry's base
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 11:35 AM »
Hi Extrahotchilli,

Your madras looks pretty good!  When you made Ifindforu's curry base, did you use off-the-shelf pureed ginger and garlic?  I did, and it does add a distinctive (if not overpowering) smell and taste.  I think it's the acidity regulator in it or something.  Actually, I quite like the smell and taste (if it's used in m oderatiion) - I'm pretty sure BIRs use off-the-shelf stuff too.

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Looks very good to me, spot on  ;)

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 12:52 PM »
Thanks CK I am definately getting some great results and the taste is like none before made by myself, same go's for the texture and that after taste.

In the past I have always been pleased with my results, but now its somerthing else, I feel that I am as close as I will get; I have been in touch with Terry and I am going to try to make a few other of his great recipe's, for me its the real deal.

Curry On  :P

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 12:54 PM »
Hi Fat Les
Yes I did use off the shelf garlic & ginger, I agree it gives off a totally different aroma, but the results are brill.

Offline Habenero

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 07:04 PM »
Looks great Extrahotchilli

What was the recipe for the final dish ?

Did you get your hands on the Rajah Golden Madras powder and the Raja seasoning mix ?

Do you really beleive it is one of these that make 'the' difference ?

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 08:16 PM »
Thanks Marco
Just ate my latest creation, I did use Rajah Golden Madras powder and the Raja seasoning mix I also added "two fresh small chilli's finely chopped and stirred them in at the end" just before serving; its the real deal, the after taste is awsome, just like it used to be years ago; I can't thank Terry enough, you must try this you will not be disapointed.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 08:19 PM by extrahotchillie »

Offline Habenero

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 08:13 PM »
OK Sold. Now where the hell will I put 10kg of the stuff :)

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 08:33 PM »
Well Marco
OK, 10kg sounds a lot, and indeed it is, but if you a friend or two have the same interest then you can share it, but a 10kg tin does not take up a lot of room, if that is not practicable then contact Terry and he will sell you the amount that you require whenever you require it; the man is very obliging.

I hope I have been of some help to you, remember you will be cooking curries like never before and its all down to this great forum and the people who use it.

Curry On.

Chas (Extrahotchillie)

Offline Habenero

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 05:57 PM »
sorry for being a bit slow, but where can you buy this Rajah Gold powder ? I've googled and can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

©2024 Curry Recipes