Author Topic: Chicken fillets  (Read 5458 times)

Offline boab

• Chef
    • View Profile
Chicken fillets
« on: June 07, 2006, 11:21 AM »
HI
Can anyone tell the best method to pre cook chicken fillets. I've tried steaming, boiling and frying but all of these methods leave the chicken a bit tough.....any idea what I'm doing wrong :-[

Cheers

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken fillets
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 12:34 PM »
Check out my method totally tender & very Nice indeed !!!
Go to any of these posts & use STAGE 2.
 http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,674.0.html
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,673.0.html
If you are using fillets it will work fine but you will have to be extra vigilant checking often & removing as soon as they are done  ;)

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 02:46 PM »
Hi Boab,

You can always just boil them with a little turmeric until just white, as Darth says just keep checking to make sure you don't completly cook them.  Bring the water to the boil then turn right down to a simmer, as your only precooking they will finish of in your final curry.

I quite often use this method as it's quick and easy and comes out moist and tender every time.

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 04:01 PM »
That's the way I have cooked my chicken for years now. Turmeric, water  and chicken and make sure you don't over cook them.

Offline boab

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 04:13 PM »
Thanks very much for the help, it seems I have been overboiling the chicken (approx 25mins) until they were tough. I have tried both methods given and the much shorter cooking time makes the difference......thanks again

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 05:14 PM »
Thanks very much for the help, it seems I have been overboiling the chicken (approx 25mins) until they were tough.

I've never actualy timed mine rather gone of the look to see when there done but im sure its more like 10\15mins or so at the most.

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 11:47 PM »
Another method that works equally as well is to seer the meat ( after seasoning ) and then add it to your sauce base to finish cooking .

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 12:40 AM »
Thanks very much for the help, it seems I have been overboiling the chicken (approx 25mins) until they were tough. I have tried both methods given and the much shorter cooking time makes the difference......thanks again

The best and Only way to test your chicken fillets or any other cooked Food products is to use a food Probe end of story !

I use one every day they don't cost a lot there's no need to time your chicken 10 mins or 15 mins why take the chance of giving someone food poisoning just start probing your product after lets say 5/6 mins then as soon as the temp hits 70 degres remove the product.

If the meat is tough you know you have bought a product which is probably below standard sling it out or give it to the dog and don't buy from that outlet again.

Layne  ;)

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 08:39 AM »
I like the sound of "start probing your product" Layne ! ;D :o

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 09:45 AM »
Ha Ha Ha   :D

Yes Darth I'm into poking things specially food  ;D

Seriously though if you overcook / boil chicken then it is going to spoil the finished dish by being tough and lets face it the cost of chicken breasts are ridiculous.

I strongly advise all our members to buy one of these little probes they are worth their weight in gold !

Layne ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 09:48 AM by laynebritton »

©2024 Curry Recipes