Author Topic: Layne's New Project Tarka Dhall.  (Read 2558 times)

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Layne's New Project Tarka Dhall.
« on: June 20, 2006, 01:31 AM »
I'm going to try the Tarka Dhall recipe by Blade1212 and I will report back shortly with my findings in the mean time any hints or tips from members would be appreciated  ::)

I noticed Pete you enjoyed the taste of the original recipe do you think it needs to be adjusted in any way ?
Layne ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 01:36 AM by laynebritton »

Re: Layne's New Project Tarka Dhall.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 05:32 AM »
Hi Layne,

I tried this last night and it was very tasty!    I don't usually eat dhals, so I can't really comment on how it compares it to a BIR. dhal.  Nevertheless, it smelt very good and had a nice combination of flavours.  I mopped it up with garlic naans.....very tasty! 

From the recipe, I was uncertain about when to add the fresh tomato and was surprised if 2tbsp of chicken stock would have much influence in over 1 litre of water? (maybe it does?).  I've asked Blade if he could clarify these points.

Otherwise, it seems to me that this recipe is great as it stands.......

......Nevertheless (because I just can't help myself!  :P), I'd be tempted to add more chicken stock and make the dish thinner next time.  I'd also be tempted to add a teaspoon of curry powder (or spice mix), sugar and a teaspoon of off-the-shelf pureed garlic (I think this adds significantly to the taste and smell of dishes)......and maybe some tomato paste  :-\.

Look forward to hearing about your results  :)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 06:44 AM by Fat Les »

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 02:53 PM »
...and here's a photo of the resultant dish I obtained......having already made the above changes  :-[.....well, slap me senseless!  I just can't help myself! ;D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 11:49 PM by Admin »

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 03:14 PM »
Nice one Les I applaud your enthusiasm not only with this dish.... ALL your efforts on this whole forum are an inspiration to others to have a go you must be living in your kitchen ha ha Well Done ;D

I will leave feedback and pictures shortly of Blade1212 Dhall recipie.

Layne  ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes