Author Topic: Where's Pete?  (Read 12976 times)

Offline merrybaker

• Head Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Where's Pete?
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2006, 06:28 PM »
I don't think Pete quit because he got fed up with this forum.  It seemed to me he was supremely patient.  Those of you who remember the in2curry days will recall that Pete was more than happy to email us individually with copies of his recipes.   And then he quickly answered the questions that were posed to him, sometimes over and over again.  Same thing here.  He managed to get all kinds of information that he gladly shared.  And again, he was infinitely patient in anwering questions of the minutest detail.  That doesn't sound like the type of person who would let a few belligerent people drive him away. 

I hope he and his family are safe and sound, and merely enjoying a holiday.  Or, better yet, maybe he is attending BIR-cooking-school and will show up with all the answers!

Do you think it would it be appropriate for Stew to email Pete and invite him back?   

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2006, 11:18 PM »
Surely we should recognise that there are now 658 members on this site

Yes, but how many are actively participating, 20?...30?

Remember guys when you join up you have around 10,000 posts all with the little "New" image next to them....it must be very daunting for "Trainee Chefs" and i reckon that it would take you 3-4 months before anyone new will post.  Some will never post but i encourage people to.

Also i remember the days where people would be sneaking into kitchens and looking through windows to try and get the secret.

The secret is still out there as far as i am concerned......maybe Pete is under cover on a mission as we speak..... :P

Stew

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2006, 01:24 AM »
No, I am not trying to stifle debate, but was merely pointing out that it was becoming very scientific and didn't really mean too much to me and maybe others.  Also quite heated at times. CQ   :) 

That's good! I agree that the debate on quantities probably went a bit OTT.

Also, where is our good friend Ray? I don't recall seeing any postings recently.

Regards
George

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2006, 10:25 AM »
Thats a point George!  I have been too busy wondering where Pete is to consider others.  You know, I think somewhere along the way they may have been upset, unless of course, they are both on world cruises and eating copious amounts of curry every night washed down with a lager!  CQ

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2006, 10:28 PM »
I keep in contact with Ray but i do not feel it would be right for me to comment or quote for him,it is up to him weather he wishes to come back but i will say this, the current posts i have viewed here have really p****d many members off.
I would ask all members to consider what they have written before posting, if its negative criticism why post, if its constructive then we are all OK with that I'm sure.
And no doubt as Ive posted this & not very liked here many will condemn me & my post & perhaps quote me, but bear this in mind i have had many contacts outside the forum from members & i speak for them in an impersonal sort of way.
Yours .....DARHPHALL.....
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 10:31 PM by DARTHPHALL »

Offline Nessa

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 11:17 PM »
Oh heck, I've been away for ages (real life being complicated :() and come back to find things are a bit different here. I shall go off and read through anything I have missed, but I'd like to give my sincere thanks and best wishes to Pete, Ray and any others MIA and hope they come back soon with their invaluable contributions.

Offline Ashes

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 07:53 AM »
Isnt it possible to create one or two questionaires?

The first questionaire would be open to members and non members; questions about how far they have come with their curries, if they believe they are almost where they want to be, etc etc.

This would encourage those silent readers to contribute without putting the pressure on them to post.

We would have a better idea where the most of the forum readers are in relation to creating the ultimate BIR.

The other questionaire should be open to forum members only; an analysis of forum "likes and dislikes", see why people dont want to post, clear the air and check out peoples attitudes to this forum, see how we could change the forum (if need be).

Anonimity is essential of course :) I would be willing to help draw up relevent questions. But im sure the members can think of alot of questions they would like answered.

Regards Ashes

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 05:03 PM »
I have just read this thread (found it by accident).  I now understand why a few of you were so sensitive when I have broached certain subjects.  Oh dear! I shall be more careful in future.  Gob now taped up and hands now being tied behind my back!

Don't reply to this, we don't want another war going on  ;D ;D, just leave it as I now understand. :-X

CP

Offline Yellow Fingers

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 06:24 PM »
I have no intention of replying...D'oh!

©2024 Curry Recipes