Author Topic: Where's Pete?  (Read 12963 times)

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Where's Pete?
« on: July 08, 2006, 12:16 AM »
Pete where are you?  We are all missing your input into the forum!  Things seem to have turned for the worse with sciences coming into the equation with some people, when all we need is normal and very grateful observations as you have done in restaurants.  I don't think that most of us want to know about the sciences of salt etc!  We just need people to come back on this forum and return to what it was before sciences  took over! Where are you?  Come back!   

Re: Where's Pete?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 02:41 AM »
Hi CurryQueen,

I have my suspicions about Haldi!  ;)
He uses a similar clipped writing style to Pete's?
I'd look a little closer at him perhaps?
Either that or Haldi is Pete's brother!  ;)
What do you think?

:D
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 02:42 AM by Fat Les »

Offline snowdog

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 02:58 AM »
With respect, curryqueen, the salt thing was a bit of a joke because things were getting a bit heavy. People took it way too seriously. It was harmless, but a seemed to prompt a few to throw their toys out of the pram for some reason.

You don't have to respond to or read things you aren't interested in. It was only one thread, for heaven's sake! And it makes a change from people just posting 'I like curry' stuff - which they're perfectly entitled to do, of course, and which I for one would not condemn outright  ::)

The number of 'contributing' (as in 'to the thread') members seems to have taken a nosedive as a result of some of the overreactions to it. That's what turned people away, not the post itself. If it hadn't have been dealt with by certain people the way it was, there would have been a few people still having great fun contributing to it just as 'a bit of fun'.

I would have thought that as a moderator you'd be encouraging diversity instead of condemning it. And on a site like this, condemning 'science...?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 03:07 AM by snowdog »

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 03:33 AM »
I would have thought that as a moderator you'd be encouraging diversity instead of condemning it. And on a site like this, condemning 'science...?

I don't think that anyone has actually become both judge and jury with respect to comments made on this forum . However , I do believe that there is a certain allegiance to maintain the theme on which this site was based . The moderators perform a commendable service as do the " contributing " members .

CC

Offline snowdog

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 03:48 AM »
By 'contributing', you (again) mean those who have donated, I presume? So only paying members' opinions count?

Fine.

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 04:41 AM »
By 'contributing', you (again) mean those who have donated, I presume? So only paying members' opinions count?

Fine.

You presume wrong  - taken out of context ( again ) . Anyone who offers useful dialogue to the forum is contributing . The term " contributing members " on this forum has more than one meaning .

Offline snowdog

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 04:45 AM »
Although since the 'Saltgate Affair' (and, I suspect, because of it) it seems to have a very specific one to some people.

I can't help wondering how much the subsequent references to 'donations' have actually cost in terms of such donations. Mine, for one, has been delayed. The last thing I'd want to do is pay only to find things like this happening.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 04:48 AM by snowdog »

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 04:46 AM »
I do hope this thread is not going to end up with some of you bitchin about eachother.
Please lets all get on or do i have to come round & strike you down with the Darkside lol  ;D.
The question of this thread is Where's Pete ?
 ;D ;D ;D"The Salty old sea Dog" ! ;D ;D Who can be proved scientifically not to be a Dog nor Salty in a pedantic & incredulous sort of way, lol & woooosh !
Your Good Friend .....DARTHPHALL.....(cr0 special Forces & all round good Egg  ;D).

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 04:51 AM »
I totally agree snowdog , but I think most of us here are above that petty trash talk that sometimes creeps into a thread and are prepared to move on .. :) Back to the business at hand - crafting the perfect curry .

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 09:45 AM »
 Here, here!  Let's get back on track, no ones to say that you can't discuss other topics related to our obsessional curries, but let's face it, it was going on some rather!  How about disclosing what dishes you are cooking over this weekend instead? CQ

©2024 Curry Recipes