Poll

Do you find photos of members' curries helpful and/or interesting?

No - I never find them helpful and/or interesting
0 (0%)
Sometimes - But it depends (please comment)
4 (14.8%)
Yes - I always find them helpful and/or interesting
23 (85.2%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Curry Photos?  (Read 3474 times)

Curry Photos?
« on: July 09, 2006, 05:57 AM »
Hi All  :),

I believe that photos of members' curries on this site serve several useful purposes:

• to illustrate what should be achieved as an outcome to a recipe
  • to add at least visual confirmation of written words and assertions
  • to provide visual inspiration to others

I, for one, would welcome many more curry photos, not only of members' efforts, but of original BIR curries as a visual reminder and yardstick of what we are aiming for!

Some members may feel that photos do not "forward the cause one bit" (i.e. presumably, in replicating "the unique flavour and smell" of BIR curries at home).

Unfortunately, at this time, "appearance" is only one of the three attributes (the others being "smell" and "taste") that we can portray across the internet and across the miles!

I would be very interested in other members' views and comments on the value of curry photos  :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 06:17 AM by Fat Les »

Offline merrybaker

• Head Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Curry Photos?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 06:01 PM »
I like the photos!  Ideally, there'd be a photo to go with every recipe.  Since BIR-type curries seem to differ from country to country, and sometimes even within the UK, the photos give us all an idea of what were talking about.  I agree that once a photo of a dish has been posted, every other person who makes the dish need not post an identical photo.  But if it makes them happy, why not?, and at least it shows that the dish is reproducible.   

Offline snowdog

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 06:32 PM »
Hence my comment: "I have no problem with people posting them, though. I just don't look if I'm not interested."

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 06:33 PM »
Yep I love looking at members Photo's if members are proud of their Curry's Show them to others Why Not !

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS WEBSITE WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP !

There seems to be a lot of bitchiness lately and may I say I have not YET made a contribution in regards to helping Stew (Admin) with the running costs of this site and if the recent threads are anything to go by I Don't intent to !

Come on guys chill out for god sake  >:(

Layne

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 08:14 PM »
I'm most interested in photos of genuine BIR dishes, which serve as a sort of benchmark of what to aim for, but I'm also happy to see the success stories of other members cooking, as long as we don't get image overload.

Regards
George

Offline Ashes

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 10:19 PM »
I for one am very interested in looking at what other ppl have achieved. What im less interested in is those ppl who seem to have a negative attitude towards other members of the cr0 community. I?m all for debate but not personal attacks, we are all here for one reason; the love of curry and the quest for the ultimate curry. pete was/is a great member of the community, with his serious attitude towards creating/trying to create the ultimate BIR curry. he has spent alot of time, effort and money in his endeavor, Unfortunately there are a few (i mean a few) who spend less time time contributing towards our over all experience and more time finding faults with other members of cr0.

Regards to those who post pictures, solutions and contribute to this forum with answers/recipes and tips.

The moderators should take a harder line with negative posts -  we are here because we want to create the ultimate curry, not because we want to argue whos best at word fighting, there are plenty of forums for that; viva la BIR

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 11:08 PM »
Ashes,

Agreed.
Those people who continually post negative comments will be banned by IP address, this is permanent.

This is a final warning.

Read this
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,237.0.html

Thread Closed - please vote only
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 04:33 AM by Admin »

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 07:58 AM »
Well said Stew this site still has a long way to go we all must remain positive and stop the bickering before it gets out of hand.

I am personally very happy with the site and I hope it will continue to grow its impossible for new recipes and ideas to be posted on a daily basis (there just ain't enough recipes out there) or indeed any chefs who are willing to divulge such information, at the end of the day its their livelyhood.

If any members have watched Raj TV then they will know that the chefs on there are very cagey they only show what we already know and refer to their base sauce as their special curry sauce which is unique to their restaraunt and will not divulge anything about their sauce, or special spice mixes.

Like I have already said I am happy with site and the last thing we need is arguments, good debates I'm all for, negativity I can't stand, keep up the good work Stew and to all members out there keep posting your valued and constructive posts and pictures.

Cheers

Chas

©2024 Curry Recipes