Author Topic: Sev makers for Bombay mix  (Read 6491 times)

Offline madgeandgeoffrey

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Sev makers for Bombay mix
« on: July 27, 2006, 09:44 PM »
If anyone wants to buy a sev maker for making Bombay mix, There is a lady called Kaj selling them on ebay now.

Visit   http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Spicy-Things

If you mention my site www.madgeandgeoffrey.co.uk she'll knock off 10%

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Sev makers for Bombay mix
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 06:41 AM »
Cheers, looks a good seller

ps. wondered when you'd turn up on cr0  ;D

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 08:34 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I am not sure I like the idea of someone showing up on the site to indirectly promote their own site. I feel this site is special and when someone recommends somewhere we can get more info from or indeed a good offer then so be it. I could and I suspect others could use the site for free advertising by recommending you check out my site and I could offer you too a discount but hey I am on the site for the love of curry not to be got at by someone who allready has an alternative site that as far as I see doesn't really ad any value to this one.

Sorry if this should not be raised here but this could be the thin edge of a wedge that would take a great deal away from the integrity of the excellent contributers here.

Sadly disappointed this morning

Panpot

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 01:27 PM »
 :(

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 01:55 PM »
Chill out a bit, I for one hate spam and the people that do it but this is just one post with a geniune offer.  If a particular user continualy posts nothing but AD's for their own sites then I expect they will get banned and their posts deleted.

I would have thought most people on here have heard of the madgeandgeoffrey site anyway as anyone whos searched for restaurant recipes should have come across it.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 02:37 PM »
For what it's worth, I think the original posting is OK - helpful and interesting. If things got out of hand with too many offers - especially irrelevant offers - that would be different.

Regards
George

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 05:16 PM »
I agree with you entirely panpot but I think the post was intended to be informative and when you go to madge and geoffs website you will see they are kindred spirits!

;D

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 05:45 PM »
Hi all,

I would like to thank madgeandgeoffrey for the great link!  I think I will probably order the paneer mould as I have never seen one for sale before and there are a few more items that I am tempted to buy also.  Well done to you!  CQ

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 06:21 PM »
I'd just like to know before possibly buying this, what constitutes a sev?  I mean, roughly what are it's ingredients?  Thanks.

Offline snowdog

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 10:22 PM »
Here's a recipe:

http://www.madgeandgeoffrey.co.uk/bombay_mix.htm

Incidentally, I'd prefer one of these Sev makers. She looks much more friendly :)

http://www.pbase.com/yardbird/image/51676879

(That's just a small joke, by the way, so please don't anyone read anything more into it than intended ;))

©2024 Curry Recipes