Author Topic: Big Hello to all :)  (Read 6008 times)

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Big Hello to all :)
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 01:29 AM »

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 08:02 AM »
On my first attempt i added half a ladle of base sauce at this stage and I felt that turned out better - I guess that would effectively have a similar function to the pasata / ketchup mix.
Yes indeed, the curry base would have prevented the oil getting too hot and burning the spices,also prevented them sticking to the base of the pan.

Theres also a possibility I'm not using enough oil. Or at least too high spice to oil ratio. I do try to back off on the oil for the final dish when theres so much in the base...
This sounds like the most likely reason for the problem, I use a crazy amount of oil (as do the BIR's) and it certainly helps precent spices sticking and hence burning. You can always spoon it off when the final dish is complete

cheers

Offline Todd

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 09:46 AM »
Cheers for posting the pics Stew ;)

Mark - I'm sure you are right about the oil. I guess its worth going all out and using loads. As you say, better to skim it off at the end rather than skimp out in the cooking stage, as its obviously a key factor in cooking the final dish.

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 04:19 PM »
Hi Todd,  What a post!  Well done to you and thank you for taking so much time to do so. I hope you have as much success as I have.  cq

Offline Dragon

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 04:50 PM »
hi there
been reading this site for a few weeks now as a guest and finally came a member the other day. i find the site very intersting with many different views and ways of getting that curry secret. BTW great first post Todd you really thought about it b4 you wrote it.
everone has there own little secret or little way that they think can create that curry taste. i own a restaurant in Tenerife moved here from uk 5 years ago and no its not an indian but have been fasinated with cooking indian restaurant style curries of which six i cook in my restaurant as well as many other international cuisine dishes. Todd as well as many others make interesting statments and facts as to what will and what wont create that taste like certain oils certain hot gas 10 onions or 15 onions, and 1 fact is for sure you get the base right and you are 80 percent there thats a fact. i will make some comments in the next few weeks if anyone is interested. i think the site is great and a lot of thought has gone into it and the ppl in the forum seem to be very keen and interested in BIR?s and not talking a load of rubbish. keep up the good work.

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 05:57 PM »
Welcome aboard Dragon , I am sure that you will enjoy everthing that this great site has to offer -  :)

CC

Offline Dragon

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 04:05 PM »
Welcome aboard Dragon , I am sure that you will enjoy everthing that this great site has to offer -  :)

CC

cheers i am sure i will, also i might be able to help out now and then

©2024 Curry Recipes