Author Topic: Brilliant Site  (Read 5255 times)

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Brilliant Site
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 12:38 PM »
Hi jockomalay,

As relative newcomer too may I welcome you to what is the best site on the web. If you thought they put something in the curries back then to hook us (I still do) then you will be even more hooked with the site here. The team are wondedrful and an inspiration.

I have thought of investing in a big outdoor ring, now I will thanks

Panpot

Offline jockomalay

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Brilliant Site
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 08:23 AM »
Hi Panpot,

It's funny, here in Malaysia there there are lot's of rumours kicking around that some stallholders actually add small amounts of opium to the Biryani rice..maybe just urban legend, but I was told they were very popular. :-) 

We can have curry for breakfast,(which I often do) with an Indian bread called Roti Chennai .You have them with curry sauce or Dhall. There are all different varieties of Roti which are a bit like a cross between a flat croissant & fried chappati with onion, egg, or sardine?!? 
Nasi Lemak is another favorite which is coconut rice with ikan billis (small deepfried fish like small whitebait), peanuts , cucumber, and sambal which is searingly spicy mix of chilli & belechan (shrimp paste) and if you like you can add a piece of chicken curry with it as well... Not for the fainthearted at 8:00am, but very addictive.

Cheers

©2024 Curry Recipes