Author Topic: Kushi Restaurant, Moseley, Birmingham  (Read 6134 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Kushi Restaurant, Moseley, Birmingham
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 08:51 PM »
The wife adn I are in Birmingham this weekend for the big punk all dayer at the ballroom. Definitely want to try a Brum BiR whilst there...would you recommend this place for a sit-in meal on Friday? OR somewhere else?

Not had a sit down at the kushi yet, but intend to do so, with the missus.  Had three TAs so far and all have been very excellent, vastly superior balti to (almost) anything I have encountered in Birmingham, since moving here from Manchester some ten years ago.  Couple of things.  If you are into really hot curries then it would perhaps be an idea to specify this when you order.  The madras and vindaloo strength dishes I have ordered have been on the mild side.  So, the vindaloo was more like a madras, heat wise, I felt. Still superb though!  The kushi is not licensed to sell alcohol; you can however bring your own. There is also car parking at the back of the restaurant.  I have used the Lidl spaces opposite for my TAs. If you go would be interested to hear your thoughts.  Always good to have a second opinion.  I will be back on Sunday for another TA.  Btw, I thought punk was as dead as disco?

Rob  :)

Offline DeadBeat

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Thanks for the reply! Think we'll defo try this.

He he, I made a living playing in punk bands, so it's done me ok for the last few decades ;-p

Birmingham Ballroom this Sat looks to be a belter if you're into that thing.

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 09:37 PM »
Thanks for the reply! Think we'll defo try this.

He he, I made a living playing in punk bands, so it's done me ok for the last few decades ;-p

Birmingham Ballroom this Sat looks to be a belter if you're into that thing.

Good stuff.  I used to be into it big time.  Siouxsie Sioux, and The Clash were my favs.  Saw them many times back in the day.  I am too old now, and a prog rock fan.  Hope you have a good time at the kushi.  I am no expert, but you can a lot worse in Birmingham, for sure!

Rob  :)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 10:56 PM »
Hi deadbeat me and my other half and a load of friends are going to the Ballroom as well, what punk bands were in?

©2024 Curry Recipes