Author Topic: South Indian Garlic Chicken  (Read 14430 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: South Indian Garlic Chicken
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 06:10 PM »
I'm currently experimenting with our Sri Lankan Chef on Garlic/Chicken dishes amongst others, which are not quite BIR, but we're working on methods of an in between style of traditional/BIR type dishes, which use a little base sauce, but also use curry leaves (in some) and a more traditional method of South Indian/Sri Lankan curry's, but is still in the development stages... trust me they are good, but just not quite there yet.

As soon as we are comfortable with the dishes I will post :)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 06:50 PM »
This is my first effort - it's actually a South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken and I know that's not what you are after Chris but I thought I'd share it anyway. Gonna try a few tweaks but the initial thought is hot, garlicky and quite sweet - really good.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 08:18 PM »
This is my first effort - it's actually a South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken and I know that's not what you are after Chris but I thought I'd share it anyway. Gonna try a few tweaks but the initial thought is hot, garlicky and quite sweet - really good.

thanks SL, I just made it and the vid is uploading to youtube as i type, it looks a lot different  ???

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: South Indian Garlic Chicken with my vid
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 09:23 PM »
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:57 AM by h4ppy-chris »

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 10:57 PM »
Excellent video Chris.  Think i've got enough to go on with this and the other video plus the recipe  :).  SL, what did you do with your attempt in case i need to factor something else in?  Mmm, i'm looking forward to something different in the week and  a little bit special.  Thanks guys  ;D

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 11:19 PM »
Love the foil around the pan - I take it that it is a splatter guard? Ingenious!

Offline Hybrid

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 01:29 PM »
Was this recipe ever posted? Does anyone have one? would anyone like one?

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 03:51 PM »

Got a recipe for this stephen? I'd be quite keen on trying it out :)

Offline Hybrid

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 04:29 PM »
Its here mate. http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,11119.0.html

Thanks Chris, Yes, i saw that one and its completely different from the Glasgow style that I'm used to. the method is different as well. The Glasgow style uses a pre made chilli\garlic paste which is added late in the cooking. This is the only method (and believe me I've tried many versions) that gets anywhere near GIR dish.

©2024 Curry Recipes