Author Topic: Everest Chicken Curry  (Read 3348 times)

Offline freedomboy2011

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Everest Chicken Curry
« on: November 25, 2012, 02:53 AM »
Hi everyone,
I have been a long time fan of this site and love cooking homemade BIR curries. The accumulated knowledge and like minded sharing of hints and tips is fantastic.
Anyway, I thought that I would share a recent experience with you. Whenever I go to an Indian restaurant I have never really thought about trying the house/chef specials. Last night, however, something changed my mind. I was booked to play 2 gigs in Reading (UK) and went to a local restaurant before the gig: Khukuri, 82 London St, RG1 4SJ.
This place came highly recommended from friends that had been here before. Anyway, like I said I rarely stray from either a dhansak or vindaloo with a couple of sides. However on this night I was feeling adventurous and something on the menu caught my eye. Everest Chicken curry! The menu claimed that the chef used 17 spices to make it and it was a hot, spicy and sweet dish. I couldn't resist, I'm glad I didn't!!!! What an amazing dish!!!! The flavours were outstanding and so many were happening I couldn't point one particular spice poking out!
I asked the waiter (boldly/stupidly/knowing the answer already) if I could have the recipe and he said that it was a secret!! This maybe in the wrong forum so I apologise, but I would love to know if anyone has had the same dish or knows how to make it. It tasted like a cross between a Ceylon and a Thai curry, a bit creamy and coconutty but full of spice and heat. Absolutely wonderful!!!!!

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Everest Chicken Curry
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 05:33 PM »
Sorry freedomboy2011 never had Everest Chicken curry, welcome to the forum  ;)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Everest Chicken Curry
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 07:12 PM »

©2024 Curry Recipes