Author Topic: Top Posters - forum statistics  (Read 9015 times)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Top Posters - forum statistics
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 02:47 PM »
I would just like to say, that a good proportion of my post's will be of no value whatsoever to anyone, hence, my reduced activity of late.  If I was to continue talking for talkings sake, I'd have turned into my wife before now ;D

Ray :)

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 02:51 PM »
Nothing was aimed at you guy's with out you this forum is dead, i did not start this topic of.
look at it from some one new and reading this?

I am new but hey .........  At least I have now got another post.....  :o ;). This where other forums / mods would normally lock the thread. It is going nowhere and means nothing but as it is 'something other than curry ' then each to his / her own. Don't like, don't read.   :-X

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 07:02 PM »
This where other forums / mods would normally lock the thread.

That's one reason why I prefer this forum to most others. It's no longer over-controlled whereby too many posts get deleted, threads locked and all the rest of it. I 'm a moderator here and I started this thread, rather than closing it. The only posts I delete are pure spam. The only posts I edit either involve the rare case of a 4 letter word, or changes made with the author's permission.

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 07:17 PM »
Seems sensible and well under control to me.

Gotta run . Got a mix of chewy's and C2go Bangla base on the go  8)

Offline StoneCut

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 09:41 AM »
It's really too bad that people on this forum seem easily offended as potential new members might be intimidated by that. This is probably the most valuable ressource about BIR curries on the internet yet people argue over the stupidest things, IMHO. Some people even stopped posting due to the arguments, others leave and never come back then again others will ignore anything that person X says. Come on, this is not kindergarten ! Get your Testosterone out of the system before coming here ;)

Just my 2 Euro cents.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 01:33 PM »

That's one reason why I prefer this forum to most others. It's no longer over-controlled whereby too many posts get deleted, threads locked and all the rest of it. I 'm a moderator here and I started this thread, rather than closing it. The only posts I delete are pure spam. The only posts I edit either involve the rare case of a 4 letter word, or changes made with the author's permission.

And this is a great example of a rather meaningless, totally off-topic post (whatever the purpose of the original topic was?), that adds absolutely no value, whatsoever, to the forum (IMHO).

I have to agree, George, I also question if you have "a compulsive disorder of some kind"   :o

Perhaps you're just trying to increase your post count?  ;)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 02:30 PM »
And this is a great example of a rather meaningless, totally off-topic post

It's only off-topic if you're the sort of ex-moderating troll who would leave the relevant bit of the quote out to make it look off-topic, to wit:

This where other forums / mods would normally lock the thread.

Get back in your box.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 02:34 PM »
And what's any of THAT got to do with the original topic of the thread?  ::)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 01:24 PM »
I admit that I have a "compulsive disorder" (if you wish to call it that) to replicating the BIR curries that I have grown to know and love.

I also admit to having a "compulsive disorder" (if you wish to call it that) to participating in this forum in order to help reveal "the secrets" to replicating BIR curries with like-minded members.

Other than that, I am happy (with myself) if the majority of my (albeit relatively numerous) posts on this forum go some way in assisting other like-minded members in their similar pursuits (i.e. by posting relevant, on topic, value-adding posts).

I also admit that I, like several others here, all too often get distracted by the frequent personality clashes and conflicts of opinion (whether that is good for the forum, or bad, depends on your outlook on life, and on debate).

However, I would be rather unhappy with myself if the majority of my posts (if not all) were irrelevant, negative, off-topic and none value adding to other members of the forum in their pursuits.  Then I would really wonder what sort of "disorder" I possessed!  :P

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2012, 08:33 PM »
I have a compulsive disorder, and it's be kind, yes I know this is a fault, and I have worked on this for many year. Will I ever get there?

©2024 Curry Recipes