Author Topic: Curryhell's Keema Rice  (Read 10456 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Curryhell's Keema Rice
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 05:12 PM »
Flatten sheek kebab mince into a flat burger and continue to flatten until it is a thin sheet.  I do this between a sheet of cling film.  This results in even and quick cooking of the mince

I'm quite intrigued by this. Why do it this way, is it just for even cooking or is it also to give a certain look to the finished meat pieces - or something else as well?
;D ;D I have a non-stick wok and have to use plastic or wooden tools or it wouldn't be non-stick for long SS.  Have you tried chopping up lumps of mince with a plastic spoon?  Doing it this way cooks it more evenly, quicker and has the advantage of reducing the effort required to break up the mince into smaller pieces with my naff plastic spoon.  I would dearly love to have a go at it with my chef's spoon  >:( .  And if i had gas, it would be a small ordinary wok i'd be using and i'd be taking no prisoners with my chef's spoon ::)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Curryhell's Keema Rice
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 05:21 PM »
I would recommend Razor's original, tried and tested by many but without the bread crumbs, hence my link in the post ::)
Ah, mea culpa : didn't read far enough.  "Could do better if he tried", as my school reports all said . . .
** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes