Author Topic: Ladle size  (Read 15489 times)

Offline Yellow Fingers

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Ladle size
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 08:27 AM »
This is exactly why I'm always moaning about giving exact measured quantities and also, unless you're still living in the fifties, using metric measures.  ::)

How about putting something to that effect in the FAQ?

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 12:18 PM »
Yeah I agree YF I think we should define something that everyone should stick to when posting recipes.

Maybe we should state the size of the ladles used with the recipe, this would enable everyone to measure out the exact quanities if they wish? 

I must admit to not having measured how much mine holds but will do and update my recipes at somepoint.

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 12:35 PM »
I agree too. As I've suggested several times before, I think it would also be very beneficial to state the weight of ingredients like garlic, onions, ginger and cinnamon too. e.g. there's simply far too much scope between one person's idea of a 'medium onion' and another person's.

Some back-dated editing would be most helpful, to specify weights.

Regards
George

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 02:57 PM »
Quite right George , I think we should perhaps be more specific when it comes to weights and measures as this can influence a recipe immensely .

Offline CurryLover_NZ

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 08:35 AM »
I would welcome this also - 15 onions of the wrong size can certainly affect the result !!

On another point (and I don't want to sound ungrateful - this site is awesome  :D), it would also be really useful if the recipes indicated how many servings they produce. Perhaps a serving could be 'standardised' as a typical single BIR portion ?

©2024 Curry Recipes