Author Topic: Hello from windy Wellington  (Read 2573 times)

Offline CurryLover_NZ

• Chef
    • View Profile
Hello from windy Wellington
« on: September 04, 2006, 09:17 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Fantastic site !

I've been trying to make a decent curry for years. I've tried several books and online forums but I've always been disappointed and have reverted to the local takeaway.
Now I'm living in NZ I really can't get a decent curry.  I have tried several restaurants and take-outs but have now stopped buying them in and have started trying to make them again.

My all-time favourite is Tandoori Chicken Biryani, although Chicken Tikka Biryani comes a close second. 

I hosted a curry night last Saturday for some 'Pommy' friends and dished up a 'Curry House' madras (not bad, but still not quite right) and tried a fantastic Sheek Kebab recipe I found on here. The curry went down well (not quite hot enough for the blokes) but the kebabs were a smash hit ! I couldn't believe how good they were - just needed a bit more food colouring and you would have thought I'd had them delivered.  The 'mint sauce' (what's the proper name ?) was also from this site and that was fantastic too. Where have you guys (and gals) been all my life !!!?

Next on my list is the Chicken Madras posted by DarthPhall...any reviews ?

Offline bart09

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from windy Wellington
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 10:34 AM »
hello and welcome to this site i hope you enjoy your stay here at cr0,i have made darthphalls madras curry and i would like to say the recipe is fantastic i`m making it again this week.
when you make it please let us know how you got on.

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 11:25 AM »
Hi CurryLover_NZ
Welcome to Cr0 I was in Wellington and Auckland last year (Lions Tour) and you are right I could not get a decent Curry anywhere (including RotoRua) I had Curry withdrawl my body started going into shock.  when I came home the 1st thing I did was eat a chicken Vindaloo job done.

Anyway enjoy the website there's lots here and members will point you in the right direction if you have any queries or there's a recipe you cant find.
Layne ;)

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 09:02 PM »
Hi & Welcome CurryLover_NZ,

I am in Christchurch, going home in October back to UK :'( but at least i will be able to get back the years worth of curry i have missed out on.

Over here i recommend the Tandoori Palace (chicken aloo) for the closest to UK Curry.

Anyway this site should help you on your way to bringing some of that UK curry right into your kitchen.

Stew ;D

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 03:26 AM »
Hi CurryLover_NZ ,

Glad to have you on board - enjoy the forum .  :)

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 03:20 PM »
Welcome you lucky ***!!""$$%%@***@@****.
 NZ!!!!
I want to live there  ;D
Enjoy the site mate, i know you will   ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes