Author Topic: kathmandu  (Read 9984 times)

Offline Ken

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
kathmandu
« on: December 10, 2012, 06:55 PM »
Can anyone help with a recipe for chicken Kathmandu made with lentils, spring onions,mint and cinnamon .Have had this at local Indian takeaway and enjoyed but unable to find a recipe.Hope someone can help please?

Offline Ken

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: kathmandu
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 10:34 AM »
      Thanks for your response,have tried your reference but don`t think it is one I am looking for .The meal from takeaway contains Chana Dhal,mint and spring onions and is only slightly similar to a dhansak.The Kathmandu seems to be similar in heat but more spicier i`m unable to get recipe details from takeaway and so far am unable to  replicate but many thanks for your help.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 02:19 PM »
ken i just got a menu though the door and it as Chicken Tikka Khatmandu (1st time i have ever seen it on a menu)
this is what it says.
A dish from the tips of the Himalayas, cooked with tomato, cucumber, coriander, garam masala, curry spices & yoghurt paste.

Offline Ken

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 08:44 PM »
Hi Chris,thanks for your help,there seems to be several Khatmandu recipes as each timeI hear of one the ingredients are different.My wife loves the one from the local indian takeaway and I have tried to replicate this as their menu says it is made from lentils ,spring onions,mint and cinnamon powder.Although she says mine is o.k.she says it does not taste as good. I am using a base sauce when making it.Many thanks for your feedback.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 10:31 PM »
The picture Phil found and posted in the thread looks like it is a dry curry - ie not much sauce. Is that how you get yours from the takeaway KEN.

best, Rich

Offline Ken

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 07:10 PM »
Hi Rich,the takeaway Khatmandu is not a dry curry and is more like the amount of sauce one would get from a dhansak or balti.Regards Ken

©2024 Curry Recipes