Author Topic: At Long last - Restaurant Saag Bhaji a la Spice  (Read 8453 times)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
At Long last - Restaurant Saag Bhaji a la Spice
« on: December 10, 2012, 09:42 PM »
 :P :P :P :D :D :D at long last the dish i've been waiting for

Some of you may know of my quest to replicate jb's and my local's saag bhaji.  This has been on-going for  a little while with not particularly good results  >:(
On a good night they are able to produce a saag which boarders on dryish to just about moist, infused with a smokey garlic and onion flavour with a spicey curry note in the background and a slight cinnamon nose.  Sounds like a fine wine  ::) ;D A truly fantastic dish the like of which i've never had anywhere else  :(
However, after  a busy day in the kitchen yesterday I finally had chance to finish my attempt tonight with no danger of spice overload.
The spinach (all 1kg of it  ::) )was pre-cooked using Ali's Viceroy Brasserie method.  A stroke of pure genius :). The cooking method was as per Az at Zaal's - cooked hard, fast and high temp.  A touch of meethi, pinch of turmeric, half  tsp mix powder and a sprinkle of coriander.  I'm well happy to have finally achieved this.
Downside is that now i have to cook it for a confirmed saag eater who eats at the same restaurant as i do   :o :o
But i am quietly confident that this dish will pass muster  :D :D

The pan afterwards  :D  Not as dark as that of Little India, but then again i was thrashing the saag around like a raving lunatic to avoid it sticking  ;D ;D

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 10:12 PM by curryhell »

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: At Long last - Restaurant Saag Bhaji a la Spice
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 07:44 AM »
nice 1 CH, it's a good feeling when something comes together.

Offline StoneCut

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: At Long last - Restaurant Saag Bhaji a la Spice
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 10:55 AM »
Will we get the recipe once the recipe has been confirmed as good ? :)

©2024 Curry Recipes