Author Topic: Welcome to RCR.... or maybe not....?!  (Read 23580 times)

Offline sp

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Welcome to RCR.... or maybe not....?!
« on: December 14, 2012, 11:43 PM »
I'd never registered on the "other forum" before, but this greeted me when I did:

:o

Shurely shome mishtake? ???

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to RCR.... or maybe not....?!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 12:34 AM »
I'd never registered on the "other forum" before, but this greeted me when I did:

They/he probably did you a favour. "Odd" is a word which comes to mind regarding that site and the nature of the message in your image fits with my perception.

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 09:44 AM »
Hi SP,

Maybe your current IP address was previously assigned (by your ISP) to someone who registered an account on RCR then broke their rules in some way? In any case it's clearly a mistake so if you emailed them (don't know the address I'm afraid) and explained I'm sure they would sort it for you. 

Offline Curry Barking Mad

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 09:54 AM »
Hi SP,
Obviously it is some kind of glitch.
I will get onto to Admin and try and sort it if you wish.

@George...You really do need to move on as your constant baiting is rather tiresome.

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 10:12 AM »
Hi SP,
This message has been posted by Admin on RCR....

If you happen to get a banned message after registering on the site then send an email. This is often caused by a user registering and then not activating their account or trying to access a subscriber forum. This will be solved in the near future.

The forum will be simplified after Xmas and upgraded too.

Regards

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 01:45 PM »
@George...You really do need to move on as your constant baiting is rather tiresome.

I'm surprised you defend that wretched forum with a personal attack on me. I'll express my opinion if I want to.  I've never forgotten how the individual who set it up came here like the pied piper and made claims which simply aren't plausible, then set up a team of user names (male and female) which I suspect are just him. Who knows? It's just plain weird.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 01:48 PM »
SP It's definitely worth pursuing, there's a few of the guys from here on their.

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 02:12 PM »

I'm surprised you defend that wretched forum with a personal attack on me. I'll express my opinion if I want to.  I've never forgotten how the individual who set it up came here like the pied piper and made claims which simply aren't plausible, then set up a team of user names (male and female) which I suspect are just him. Who knows? It's just plain weird.

George,
Here we go again.
I don't defend RCR as I feel I don't have a need to. Whatever you got up to in the past is of no concern to me, it was before my time, as it were.
I do struggle to understand how you feel my statement is defending the site. ???
I have no desire to suppress you casting your opinion ::)
I am, but maybe shouldn't be, surprised by the melodramatics of "that wretched forum" and the victim mentality of "personal attack on me" which you quote at the earliest opportunity.
I am merely saying that you should move on as it may turn you into a bitter and twisted old man.

Have a good day George,
Mick

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 04:23 PM »
Ahh, Cr0 vs RCR fisty cuffs!! both sites have there merits but RCR does seem to be dying off slowly, shame got some good info over the years with inside kitchen Videos think they got deleted tho.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 04:51 PM »
I have no desire to suppress you casting your opinion ::)

I'm sorry but why didn't you say something useful in your earlier post when, instead of giving reasons for disagreeing with me, you said  my "baiting is rather tiresome."

I'm not 'baiting' anybody. I know my views are not shared by everyone but it was SP who, not unreasonably, raised the subject of RCR. If you don't agree with me, then give reasons, instead of trying to stifle debate by using daft words like 'troll' or baiting'. In your position it may have been better to have maintained a dignified silence.

Or, if you wanted to speak out, you may have declared your opinion which is probably along the lines that it's a first class site. the navigation and ease of use are better than here and there are genuine reasons (state them) why a whole host of previous promises by the site owner failed to materialise, like books for a start. Oh, and that he really did have 10 or 20 years previous experience of a BIR kitchen before starting the site.

©2024 Curry Recipes