Author Topic: Welcome to RCR.... or maybe not....?!  (Read 23582 times)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to RCR.... or maybe not....?!
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 05:12 PM »
Surely there's enough room for both sites, I don't see the problem. If you don't like them, just don't go there.   ;)

Les

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 05:18 PM »
Oh, come on Les. What a crazy idea.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 05:27 PM »

Why! There are loads of curry sites, What's the big deal with RCR, apart from the fact that Thea want money for certain info,

Les

Offline Curry Barking Mad

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 05:28 PM »
I have no desire to suppress you casting your opinion ::)

I'm sorry but why didn't you say something useful in your earlier post when, instead of giving reasons for disagreeing with me, you said  my "baiting is rather tiresome."

I'm not 'baiting' anybody. I know my views are not shared by everyone but it was SP who, not unreasonably, raised the subject of RCR. If you don't agree with me, then give reasons, instead of trying to stifle debate by using daft words like 'troll' or baiting'. In your position it may have been better to have maintained a dignified silence.

Or, if you wanted to speak out, you may have declared your opinion which is probably along the lines that it's a first class site. the navigation and ease of use are better than here and there are genuine reasons (state them) why a whole host of previous promises by the site owner failed to materialise, like books for a start. Oh, and that he really did have 10 or 20 years previous experience of a BIR kitchen before starting the site.

OK George,
You've done me in.....
I didn't use the word "troll" ???

I really don't think I need to take advice from you about "my position"

I am frustrated by your attitude displayed over quite a period of time.

And I'm sorry, as far as your last paragraph goes... regarding Navigation, ease of use, better than here etc. What on Earth has that got to do with anything I have said? That's a rhetorical question by the way... I can't possibly debate anything with you or anyone who views their world in the twisted way you clearly do.

I would also want to make it clear, I have no animosity towards CR0 and it's membership.
To be honest I find the site V site stuff quite pathetic, hence my original comment to George about moving on.

My apologies to everyone of those decent people that make up the vast majority of the membership of this site.
I will leave you to it and wish you all a good Christmas and good luck with your future curry cooking.

Cheers,
Mick

PS Say what you have to George, I can't be dealing with you anymore.

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 05:40 PM »

Why! There are loads of curry sites, What's the big deal with RCR, apart from the fact that Thea want money for certain info,

Les

Irony doesn't really work on the internet, however heavy-handed. I'll remember to put a  ;) next time.

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 05:44 PM »

Les

Irony doesn't really work on the internet, however heavy-handed. I'll remember to put a  ;) next time.

How very true.. Bit like texting. Very easily taken the wrong way. Never known a forum though where the Moderator needs more moderation than many of the other contributors!!!    ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)  :o

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 05:45 PM »
Sorry , just couldn' t keep the fingers in the pockets any longer. Just had to be said.   ;)

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 06:05 PM »
How very true.. Bit like texting. Very easily taken the wrong way. Never known a forum though where the Moderator needs more moderation than many of the other contributors!!!    ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)  :o
[/quote]

Nail on head

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 06:07 PM »
If we have lost CBM it will be a sad sad day indeed

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 06:26 PM »
Never known a forum though where the Moderator needs more moderation than many of the other contributors!!!

©2024 Curry Recipes