Author Topic: Welcome to RCR.... or maybe not....?!  (Read 23581 times)

Online Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to RCR.... or maybe not....?!
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 06:48 PM »
George.  You seem to be moderating this large forum single-handedly.  Appreciate the good work you are doing on here, its not easy being a moderator, but I think the forum needs a bit more (impartial) tlc.  How about taking on some additional help?  There were several volunteers during the recent spam problems.  That is what I would do.  Then delete this thread; it doesnt look good, in terms of attracting new members. Very best wishes.

Rob  :)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 06:59 PM »

Irony doesn't really work on the internet, however heavy-handed. I'll remember to put a  ;) next time.
[/quote]

Apologies Fried, Yes I took it another way. ;D (obviously the wrong way)

Les

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 08:13 PM »
There are some on this forum who have such severe issues that it's better simply to leave them to wallow in their own misery and not engage them in conversation at all. Message below applies....

|   |
                    |   |
                    |   |
                    |   |
                    |   |
                    |   |
                    |   |
                  _|   |_
                  \       /
                    \   /
                      \/

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 10:05 PM »
How very true.. Bit like texting. Very easily taken the wrong way. Never known a forum though where the Moderator needs more moderation than many of the other contributors!!!    ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)  :o

Nail on head

I agree, He's spot on and it suggests to me that I'm meeting my own objectives in terms of (a) fulfilling a simple admin role - spam deletion and a few amendments, generally with members agreement, and (b) not trying to turn into some goody-goody just because I have the moderator badge. I'm the same person as always.

I sincerely hope that CBM does not leave the forum but, if he does, it couldn't possibly be as a result of SP starting this thread or my response. In the scheme of things, it's nothing. Moreover, CBM became involved out of the blue and chose to be quite rude to me by saying I  was 'baiting'. Then, when I responded, he didn't like it.

Don't blame me or SP. If CBM can't stand the heat, he shouldn't have walked into the kitchen.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 10:14 PM »
I love this forum and have learned loads from it but every now and again it deteriorates into personal jibes and attacks - come on guys let it go please.

Offline artistpaul

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 12:05 AM »
I love this forum and have learned loads from it but every now and again it deteriorates into personal jibes and attacks - come on guys let it go please.

here here

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 12:15 AM »
 :(

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:36 AM by Graeme »

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 12:54 PM »
sorry to all the good people on here,but, i will be only be sharing vids pix and recipes on RCR.
i don't see the point of putting them on here to only have George pull them and the forum to bits.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2012, 01:32 PM »
sorry to all the good people on here,but, i will be only be sharing vids pix and recipes on RCR.i don't see the point of putting them on here to only have George pull them and the forum to bits.

Chris, the forum has 19167 members, of whom 2 1/2 (0,01%) are disruptive.  Are you really going to let that 0,01% affect your attitude to the forum ?

** Phil.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 02:17 PM »
Chris, the forum has 19167 members, of whom 2 1/2 (0,01%) are disruptive.  Are you really going to let that 0,01% affect your attitude to the forum ?
** Phil.
I have chosen not to comment on this thread until now.  I have already PM'd CBM and made him aware of my views (probably the same as many other forum members) and I hope he reconsiders his position for the benefit of all those regulars on here who are only interested in furthering their BIR knowledge and cooking skills.  Mick's regular contributions have enabled this forum to keep moving forward and  I know my own skills are better for and have benefited from the hours of video footage that he has made available to CR0
But this is a good question Phil.  If we all over reacted when the occasional forum spat breaks out, there'd be nobody here at all.  Fortunately, the majority of regular posters here ignore it (no matter how irksome and non-sensical it often is) and curry on regardless for the benefit of everybody else.  And I hope that they long continue to do so rather than become embroiled in other's differences of opinion.
Chris, if you think the grass is greener on the other side, by all means try it mate.  You'll find it tastes exactly the same though and that you will encounter an equal number of cow pats over there too  ::).  Best of luck anyway whatever you decide to do and thanks for the SIG ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes