Author Topic: Pipasha - new marketroad, Cambridge  (Read 1351 times)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Pipasha - new marketroad, Cambridge
« on: December 17, 2012, 09:18 PM »
The address and phone are:
529C Newmarket Road  Cambridge, CB5 8PA, United Kingdom
+44 1223 57778

I've used it as restaurant for the most part, but have ordered at least 3-4 times over the phone. My advice for anyone interested would be to use it as restaurant only and not as takeaway.
The prices for takeaway are the same as in the restaurant and the quality is the "quick curry" type, which is way below the threshold. This is, however, by far the best indian restaurant I've been in to date. The flavours, textures are just unreal. The starters are orgasmic, their chutneys and poppadoms are really out of this world and the food is full of flavours. I'm a fast eater and I find myself taking time to appreciate the taste whenever over here. The staff is friendly, especially after you become familiar. Out of the 4 regular staff members, there is one guy (the youngest one) that seems a little rude, but if you can cope with that, the curry makes up for it.

One other downside is in fact the size of the place and as it gets busy, you find yourself listening to other people's conversations. Tables have little space between each others.

http://www.pipasha-restaurant.co.uk/
The two lads on the front page are the owners and they are very welcoming and sympathetic. Last time I was going over I sprained my ankle. While I was in a lot of pain, I still carried myself over for about 300 meters until I got the restaurant and as I had ripped my jeans on the knee after the fall, they were all sort of worried about me and trying to make me feel comfortable, pulling an extra chair to put my leg up, etc.

©2024 Curry Recipes