Author Topic: Layne's Sheek kebabs.  (Read 9940 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Layne's Sheek kebabs.
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 05:06 PM »
these look fantastic one of my favourites i went out today to buy the missing ingredients today and i am making them now  what temp do you have the oven on to cook them please   ;D

Depends if you are you using heavy skewers, as in Razor's post on the same subject or simply rolling them into sausage shapes.

Turn grill up full and heat for 10 mins.  Place shelf so that kebab will be no closer than 4 inches to the heat source.

For heavy scewers, cook them suspended over a roasting tray and cook each of the four sides for a minute and a half each.  Max cooking time 8 minutes (mine are done in 5.5 minutes.

For ordinary skewers or sauages place on grill shelf and rotate after a minute and a half 5 or 6 times.  Max cooking time should be about 12 minutes.

Over cooking will dry them out :( .  It's all a bit trial and error as all our appliances behave  a bit differently.  Don't forget to post pics of the finished articles.  Razor's sheeks are definitely worth cooking and the thread is very informative with pics too.  Good luck.  For the yellow sauce, use Dipuraja's mint sauce recipe.  It's spot on and goes very well with them.

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 05:43 PM »
this guy has a a couple of different methods
  ;)

Chicken Seekh Kabab

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 07:22 PM »
Hi Layne are the ? in your recipes 0.5 tsp for chilli powder and nutmeg in the garam masala recipe.
Very nice looking kebabs will have to try these.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Hi Layne what are the ? in your recipes
Hi Uf.  Layne was last active in 2008 so you may not get  a response.  Looking at it, i'd guess 1/2 tsp for the chilli powder and the nutmeg.  Although i use a full tsp as does Razor in his recipe.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 07:54 PM »
Never noticed this recipe before CH cheers.
Do you use 1 tsp for chilli powder and 1 tsp nutmeg.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 08:28 PM »
Never noticed this recipe before CH cheers.
Do you use 1 tsp for chilli powder and 1 tsp nutmeg.

Never made this recipe as I have my own using my tandoori masala mix.  I use one tsp of chilli powder in with the rest of the ingredients.  Regarding the nutmeg, this is one of the spices used in KD's garam masala which i haven't made either.  I own up to using packet stuff :-\.  I should really make the effort and make some of my own ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes