16 (34%)
Good, I will make again
18 (38.3%)
Not for me, there are other Curry Sauces I prefer
13 (27.7%)
Poor, Yucky
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Glasgow curry base sauce  (Read 153724 times)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Glasgow curry base sauce
« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2013, 04:08 PM »
I reckon Ive got enough onions to do the full 25kg base

Where's the recipe for the full 25Kg version?

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2013, 04:21 PM »
What folk need to do is cook and stop harping on about complete crap!  Just my opinion.

Perhaps you should keep your opinion to yourself, just in terms of using words like "crap" when you don't agree with someone else's point of view.

Maybe you're easily pleased or maybe this base sauce really is very special. I'm keen to hear what CA thinks, and any other long standing members.

If BB1 is genuine, I urge him to understand that it can be hard work dealing with 'fame' where lots of people are suddenly interested in something you're doing, whether it's being a pop celebrity or even publishing recipes on the internet, when they attract a lot of attention.

If CA is right and BB1 is some kind of fraud, perhaps like the "10 year's experience" recipes posted a few years ago, then BB1 should be ashamed.

I simply don't know what to think. The jury is out. Early reports seem promising but who knows?

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2013, 04:36 PM »
I think it just proves that the same regular posters, prefer to post the same tired arguments
just for the sake of posting and hardly cook in reality.

Thanks for posting this Mr. Big
I'm understanding a bit more about this type of Pakistani "TakeAway" Curry and its simplified curry recipes.
It looks like your Mr. Singh sells most kinds of TakeAway foodstuffs, Curries, Pizza, Donna Kebabs etc...etc...

No offence, but its not really in the same league as Bengali BIR or TakeAway, but very interesting info for members
who eat this kind of TakeAway Curry, with the bonus that its simple to recreate at home.

Hopefully other Scottish members, may get the chance one day, to report on more authentic Pakistani/Punjabi "Restaurant"
methods rather than this curry shop curry.
I also doubt this reflects Glasgow Pakistani/Punjabi curry across the board, to my mind the threads should be headed "TakeAway Base, Glasgow"

There must be some Bengali run Restaurants in Glasgow?

Thinking out loud, ChewyTikka

Offline stevejet66

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2013, 04:40 PM »
If CA is right and BB1 is some kind of fraud, perhaps like the "10 year's experience" recipes posted a few years ago, then BB1 should be ashamed.

Well george you obviousley didnt put yourself out to try it did you, Your taste is seemingly reliant on someone else cooking it! There will be no shame on BB1 because i for one know that this is the real thing.
Sorry for saying the word crap George I ment to put "(moderated filth)"
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 04:42 PM by George »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2013, 04:44 PM »
No offence, but its not really in the same league as Bengali BIR or TakeAway

In your opinion, CT, but not necessarily in the opinion of others.  You may prefer Bengali cuisine, others may prefer Pakistani or any of the many other regional variations that the sub-continent has to offer.

** Phil.

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2013, 04:49 PM »
Well george you obviousley didnt put yourself out to try it did you, Your taste is seemingly reliant on someone else cooking it! There will be no shame on BB1 because i for one know that this is the real thing.

In  case you haven't noticed, there's been quite a lot of snow about. I havent had a chance to gather together the required ingredients, but I will, before too much longer. In any event, perhaps my intended 10% version won't be as 'meaningful' as a 7Kg attempt.

I'm not relying on anyone else at all, but the more positive reports we have, then the more credibility BB1 will enjoy.

Offline stevejet66

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2013, 05:33 PM »
Hi chewy, The curry house where we have our takeaway's from is a bengali quisine so is the one in our high street, called the rose of bengal  BB1's curries i cooked the other evening were identical to both.
cheers
steve.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:51 PM by stevejet66 »

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2013, 05:33 PM »
Cooking: Art versus science

Cooking is a great example of a melting pot between art and science. The science process starts when you collect ingredients, identifying which works well, blends into amazing flavors to come up with your dish. One could say cooking is like a chemical equation - you add all the ingredients, apply heat and you get a chemical reaction. So the equation would look like this: ingredient A + ingredient B ... + ingredient N = product A + product B ... + product N.

On the other hand, cooking is also an art. It is symphony of taste, aroma and colors that tickles the senses. The cooked product appeals to the senses - eyes, if you like how a dish looks like; nose, if you like the smell; touch, if you like it hot or cold; and especially the tongue, for tasting whether the dish tastes good.

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2013, 05:37 PM »
What a total load of old tosh!

I am personally very curious about the other glowing reports that have been quickly submitted by "other members"  :-X

Not entirely sure what you mean by that.I was on the forum when the mysterious Andy appeared so I think I know what you're getting at,however I can assure you I am real person from sunny Essex and did actually cook his base sauce and did get excellent results.

;D

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2013, 06:12 PM »
I love this place.  ;D

Certainly makes for better reading than birthday greetings.  ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes