16 (34%)
Good, I will make again
18 (38.3%)
Not for me, there are other Curry Sauces I prefer
13 (27.7%)
Poor, Yucky
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Glasgow curry base sauce  (Read 153715 times)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Glasgow curry base sauce
« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2013, 03:15 PM »
Yes ive eaton in glasgow, edinburgh, and the curries in cornwall taste the same too!

What a load of cod's wallop that statment is, Out of 6 where I live you will be very lucky to get 2 the same, and yes, i have eaten curry's in Scotland and Cornwall, Very Different,

(A Scot living in England ;))

Les

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2013, 03:19 PM »
Well ive travelled the length and width of britian, Had many many bir's and takeaway's. Taste wise! pretty much all the same as BB1's curry, So what you guy's are looking for is beyond me for sure. Yes ive eaton in glasgow, edinburgh, and the curries in cornwall taste the same too!

It's difficult to see how that could be true steve. There is no doubt that this method retains all the oil that is in the base and other sources and is quite noticeable in the final texture of the curry. No other curry that I've made or had in a BIR has ever had this texture and I wouldn't expect them to because the oil separates from the curry in 'English' curries.

Don't get me wrong, the two curries I've made are flavoursome enough (although no improvement on the curries I already make) but the oily texture is a real turn off for me.

I'm still glad BB1 made the effort to post though as it's always good to see new ideas and I hope he continues to post more recipes (Bhuna please BB1 - I've still got some base left  ;D )

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2013, 04:03 PM »
One thing about these posts is that they have stimultated a lot of interest - am sure the post rate has rocketed this last wee while. Some will like and others will lump it and apart from a few rougue comments I think BB1's posts have made a great contribution to the life of the forum and for those who have found their curry heaven.

Great work BB1 you have got 2013 off to a great start.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:03 PM by Stephen Lindsay »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2013, 04:13 PM »
Great work BB1 you have got 2013 off to a great start.

Hear, hear.
** Phil.

Offline stevejet66

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 20, 2013, 04:27 PM »
Well said stephen, Well done BB1, your my god!

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2013, 06:12 PM »
Many thanks to everyone who has tried and tested the recipe(s) thus far.  Much appreciated.

Rob  :)

Offline bigboaby1

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 20, 2013, 07:09 PM »
Well said stephen, Well done BB1, your my god!
...On the subject of oil and spices..when i make the base sauce in the takeaway's nothing is measured....i made the base sauce today in the house for my family i bought my 2 litre bottle from farmoods..when i poured it from the bottle i only used abut a lite and a 1/4..why and not the full 2 litre's..i just that knew that was enough...it's the same when i use a 5 gallon drum in the takeaway..you just know ..it's down to experience i guess....the recipe was purely a guess and i do aploigise if some of the measures where wrong...the recipe was purely guess work..but CA your still (moderated) but i will always stand by that.....
If you don't have the experience i would suggest even more oil until you know what your doing..Don't go by Ca pics....how many currys would i sell if his pics where on the menu.. precisely SFA..I Just can't believe he put him self to all that bother just to prove me wrong what a ...(moderated) please stay away from me.. I'm one of the good guys..so please stay well clear...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:17 PM by George »

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2013, 07:29 PM »
BB1, if the recipe quantities are, by your own admission, a "guess", you can hardly blame us when we report that it isn't the greatest base ever can you?

How about giving us the actual quantities used in the restaurant.

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2013, 07:38 PM »
BB1, if the recipe quantities are, by your own admission, a "guess",

He's about as bright as a dark night.

Les

Offline emin-j

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2013, 07:53 PM »
BigBaby1, CA is one of the most respected members on the forum and has probably contributed more than any other member ,he certainly is no ' ass ' when it comes to making curries.
Do you really think he would go to the time and expense plus the excellent photo's just to give your recipe's a not so favorable report ?
I'm getting fed up reading your posts with attitude and this forum was doing OK before you came along !
About time you moved on and take your greasy recipe's with you.

©2024 Curry Recipes