16 (34%)
Good, I will make again
18 (38.3%)
Not for me, there are other Curry Sauces I prefer
13 (27.7%)
Poor, Yucky
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Glasgow curry base sauce  (Read 154363 times)

Offline stevejet66

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Glasgow curry base sauce
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2013, 08:02 PM »
Personally i think a lot of you need to go to cookery lessons, BB1's stuff is pukka.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 20, 2013, 08:05 PM »
Personally i think a lot of you need to go to cookery lessons, BB1's stuff is pukka.

(moderated), Another one with no taste, Take your mate and go bother another forum somewhere else

Les
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:06 PM by George »

Offline emin-j

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 20, 2013, 08:16 PM »

You've spent too long playing with your cucumber sunshine  ::)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 20, 2013, 08:29 PM »
k..but CA your still an ass but i will always stand by that.....
If you don't have the experience i would suggest even more oil until you know what your doing..Don't go by Ca pics....how many currys would i sell if his pics where on the menu.. precisely SFA..I Just can't believe he put him self to all that bother just to prove me wrong what a fud....The sickos out there please stay away from me.. I'm one of the good guys..so please stay well clear...

BB1, bang out of order comments mate.  It's as simple as that.

Rob

Offline SnS

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 20, 2013, 09:00 PM »
What a total load of old tosh!

I have seen this several times before:

• someone coming here claiming to work in a BIR and/or knowing the "secret" to reproducing BIR curries
  • that someone posting all over the place
  • that someone being seemingly quite literate (when it suits them) and being seemingly quite illiterate (when it suits them)
  • that person having (seemingly) absolutely no regard for the forum, it's members or the structure, or the etiquette of the forum
  • that person becoming most indignant when the SIMPLEST questions are asked in order to clarify their recipes in order to give others the best chance of replicating them
  • that person threatening to stop posting because of the perfectly sensible questions regarding clarity of information

I am personally very curious about the other glowing reports that have been quickly submitted by "other members"  :-X

My assumption is that anyone legitimately posting recipes on this forum are doing so for the benefit of the members.

I also presume that they wish members to fully replicate their recipes.

I also presume that legitimate posters would like their recipes to be able to be followed as precisely as possible.

I conclude that anyone that is reluctant to do this is not genuine or sincere in that endeavour.

Anyone who disputes that clarity is good in order to reproduce a recipe is seriously misguided, in my opinion.

Anyone who claims that cooking is an art and not science (regarding reproducing posted recipes) is also seriously misguided, in my opinion.

Anyone who claims that batch size is critically important and that a "chef's spoon" size is not important, or that whether the "chef's spoon" is "level", "rounded" or heaped" is not important is also seriously misguided, in my opinion (in terms of replicating recipes)

I think that anyone who argues the toss otherwise is either seriously misguided or just here to argue the toss  ::)

I have cooked BB1's curry base (7kg version which, it materialises, is a SCALED DOWN version anyway - though scaling it down is a definite no no - apparently!) and will post my findings shortly.

I think BB1 has, so far, been extended the utmost courtesy, which many others here would never have been afforded...yet he is STILL offended!  Go figure!  :o

Posters of recipes owe it to themselves to make their recipes as easy to follow as possible.  Otherwise, they should not (cannot) be dismayed when others fail to replicate their results.

Agree totally with CA. Precisely the reasons I won't post anymore (well except this one :-)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 20, 2013, 09:13 PM »
I Just can't believe he put himself to all that bother just to prove me wrong
I wish I could agree with you, but sadly I can't.  Anyhow, the important thing is not to let the moaning minnies get to you --- keep posting your recipes : many will try them, some will rave about them, some will dismiss them, some will ignore them.  None of that matters.  What matters is that you are providing an alternative approach, which in my humble opinion is no bad thing -- we have all been pursuing virtually the same methodology, with countless minor variations, but every now and then something very different comes on the scene.  Last time it was the visit to Zaal, which inspired almost everyone to see how close they could get to cremating their spices without actually ruining the curry; now, with your posts, we have something that Stevejet before you was advocating : the "all-in-one" curry, which is anathema to the old hands but which may well ring 100% true with those who started their curry journey fairly recently.  So, stick at it and keep posting : none of us know so much that we cannot learn from someone new.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:07 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 20, 2013, 09:33 PM »
we have something that Stevejet before you was advocating : the "all-in-one" curry,
** Phil.

Which is nothing new,
Madhur showed one chef using the all-in-one method in her "Curry Nation" series, (episode 2)

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2013, 09:51 PM »
Right guys,
I have been out all day, enjoying myself playing in the snow with the kids
or was i in the pub watching football and the kids were outside somewhere      hmmm
Anyway i did make the base with 7kgs of onions and  the marinated chicken
Now I don't know who else made both and made the curries apart from me and CA
What I can say is I liked the taste but the curries were very oily just like CA's picture I have made several curries since and all have been oily
Next time I make the base I will adjust things because I felt it had promise
One more thing I must ask CA and not too sure if this is good or bad thing
But after eating the curries I'm suffering from terrible wind  ???

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 20, 2013, 10:00 PM »
we have something that Stevejet before you was advocating : the "all-in-one" curry,
** Phil.
Which is nothing new,
Madhur showed one chef using the all-in-one method in her "Curry Nation" series, (episode 2)

It is a very sad thing, is it not Les, that of late no matter what someone writes, someone else elects to argue with it ?  I wrote that before BB1, Steve Jet was advocating the all-in-one curry.  I didn't say that Steve was the first to do this; I didn't say that Steve was the only person before BB1 to advocate this; so why did you find it necessary to state that this "is nothing new", as if I was suggesting that it was ?  Without trawling back in the archives, I have no idea when Steve first mooted this idea, nor have I the slightest idea when Madhur Jaffrey's television programme was shown : all I said was that Bigboaby1 was not the first to propose this particular methodology.

** Phil.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 20, 2013, 11:13 PM »
Yes ive eaton in glasgow, edinburgh, and the curries in cornwall taste the same too!

What a load of cod's wallop that statment is, Out of 6 where I live you will be very lucky to get 2 the same, and yes, i have eaten curry's in Scotland and Cornwall, Very Different,

May I suggest we all try and cool it a bit. Take the above difference of opinion, for example. I suggest both points of view are valid. I used to think along Steve's lines - that most BIR curries tasted very similar wherever I went. Recently, I've detected more differences, so I can understand Les's opinion as well.

©2024 Curry Recipes