Author Topic: Secret Recipe Group Test  (Read 77315 times)

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Recipe Group Test
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 04:03 PM »
Ungaria is populated purely by the short haired variety.  This recipe specifies long haired only. My fault - should have mentioned it.  ;)
I understand that they mutate fairly readily, so perhaps keep a breeding colony somewhere near Sellafield and see if some long-haired ones evolve ?  You could also try force-feeding them with grain, and thereby be able to produce Hungarian mongoose foie gras, the income from which would probably enable you to set up your own nuclear reactor in your back yard.

** P.

Oh dear? Your knowledge in this area is very sadly lacking ** Phil.  How can I feed grain to an animal that only lives on crustachions?

No need for nuclear reactor - been married to one for over 25 years.  ;)

RD

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 04:08 PM »
Oh dear? Your knowledge in this area is very sadly lacking ** Phil.  How can I feed grain to an animal that only lives on crustachions?

You missed the key word : "/force/ feed".  They can still have the odd crustacean to keep them alive, in between main courses.

No need for nuclear reactor - been married to one for over 25 years.  ;)

Which may go critical if she ever gets to read this forum . . .

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 04:35 PM »

You missed the key word : "/force/ feed".  They can still have the odd crustacean to keep them alive, in between main courses.

Now how on earth ( pray do tell ) am I meant to sit on one of these things long enough to fatten it ( by force ) in time to make my designated curry by the end of the month AND cook at the same time?  :o 

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 05:15 PM »
Now how on earth ( pray do tell ) am I meant to sit on one of these things long enough to fatten it ( by force ) in time to make my designated curry by the end of the month AND cook at the same time?  :o

Oh dear, just visit any farm around Tolouse and watch the dear little old ladies dressed all in black carefully nourishing their cherished geese; if they can find time to do that /and/ watch over fourteen or more grandchildren, I am sure you can manage a little cookery in addition :)

** Phil.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:31 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 06:25 PM »

Oh dear, just visit any farm around Tolouse and watch the dear little old ladies dressed all in black carefully nourishing their cherished geese; if they can find time to that /and/ watch over fourteen or more grandchildren, I am sure you can manage a little cookery in addition :)

** Phil.

Key oversight , I am a man.    :o

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 06:28 PM »

There are some situations for which I fear not even the Oracle at Delphi would have been able to propose a viable solution.

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 06:38 PM »

There are some situations for which I fear not even the Oracle at Delphi would have been able to propose a viable solution.

Back on subject then?  ;)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 06:44 PM »
Back on subject then?  ;)

"On topic" ?  Moi ?   Sir, I think you forget to whom you speak :  I have a long-established and hard-won reputation up to which to seek to live :)

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 07:03 PM »
I have a long-established and hard-won reputation up to which to seek to live :)

Which begs the question,  why is your holiness not joining in this little 'exercise'?  ;)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 07:15 PM »
Which begs the question,  why is your holiness not joining in this little 'exercise'?  ;)

You might be justified for thinking otherwise, given the amount of time I waste spend waffling on this forum, but I don't actually have enough spare time : I have taken on so much unpaid work since retiring almost five years ago that I now have significantly less spare time than I had when I was working.  I still find time to cook the odd curry, and this evening treated myself to roast pheasant (wonderful !) but if I were to take on just one more commitment -- even one as enjoyable as a group test -- then I would end up letting someone else down, and that I don't want to do.  Until last year I still had time for cycling and gardening, but now even those have gone out of the window.  Take my advice, and don't retire : it's a h@ll of a stressful life !

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes