Author Topic: New British Curry flick coming soon  (Read 3750 times)

Offline kals

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
New British Curry flick coming soon
« on: September 14, 2006, 05:05 PM »
Has anyone heard about the new Scottish Asian film coming out soon? I went to a preview screening in London recently. It's called 'Nina's Heavenly Delights', (http://www.ninasheavenlydelights.com).
Personally I think it's a brilliant love story with a twist, where Scottish humour meets Bollywood spectacle! The story is told through the eyes of NINA SHAH who had left home after a row with her father, but when he dies suddenly, she is forced to go back.  Her return reunites her with Bobbi, her childhood friend, who is a wannabe Bollywood drag queen and brings her face to face with Lisa, a young woman who now owns half the restaurant.

Then Nina discovers her father's secret debts and that the New Taj has been selected for The Best of the West Curry Competition. In the turbulent days that follow, Nina (helped by Lisa) embarks on a personal mission to win the trophy for the third time. But Nina becomes troubled when she realises that she is falling in love, but I won't say with who!
It is a refreshingly vibrant film celebrating Indian Food, as well as Family and Love and is great fun for all the family to go and see. It is released in cinemas across the UK on the 29th of September, go watch it! Plus the website has some great recipes : www.ninasheavenlydelights.com

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: New British Curry flick coming soon
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 05:32 PM »
Welcome to the site and everything but we didn't need the same thing spammed in all the groups.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 06:34 PM »
Welcome to the site and everything but we didn't need the same thing spammed in all the groups.

I agree, which is a pity because the above post is interesting and well written. But to repeat it is a bit OTT. Perhaps a moderator could remove all but one of the messages!

I wonder if any interesting bits of info will come out of the film, in terms of BIR technique. I noticed what looks like red onions in the trailer but you can never trust a movie. If the director preferred the artisitic look of red onions on film, that would be a good enough reason to use them. The taste would be irrelevant.

Regards
George

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 08:51 AM »
They have gone now.

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 10:34 AM »
Yep and Kals is now banned.

Offline Yellow Fingers

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 11:04 AM »
Bloody hell Stew, that's a bit harsh.

Yes it was wrong, yes it was annoying and yes he/she shouldn't have done it, but unless I've missed other similar posts this is the first time that it's been done. I thought the info was interesting and appropriate if posted in the right forum - and only once. Give the poor bugger the benefit of the doubt, issue an appropriate warning and then if/when they do it again ban them to hell and back.

I hope this isn't the shape of things to come, i.e. banning without warning.

YF

« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 11:30 AM by Yellow Fingers »

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 12:16 PM »
As usual with most spammers they probably won't be back anyway and if they are its to repost the same thing to keep it at the top.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 04:14 PM »
Bloody hell Stew, that's a bit harsh.

Yes it was wrong, yes it was annoying and yes he/she shouldn't have done it, but unless I've missed other similar posts this is the first time that it's been done. I thought the info was interesting and appropriate if posted in the right forum - and only once. Give the poor bugger the benefit of the doubt, issue an appropriate warning and then if/when they do it again ban them to hell and back.

I hope this isn't the shape of things to come, i.e. banning without warning.

YF
I support "Admin" here; I used the "Report to Moderator"  button on finding six instances of the same message, and I think that Admin's reaction was appropriate in the circumstances. It's very hard to imagine how it could have been an accident, or even the result of a misunderstanding, IMHO...

©2024 Curry Recipes