Author Topic: Curries using Glasgow base  (Read 31318 times)

Offline bigboaby1

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Curries using Glasgow base
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 02:28 PM »
Just another note guys...When i said 7 killo of onions What i did was bought a 5 killo bag from LIDL'S at ?1.99..great price and the other 2 killo from Morrisons..All i did was cut the tops and tails of them so don't weigh 7 killo's if you understand what i mean

and your right Salvador thanks for pointing that out to pauly58 it can be tailor made to suit your needs..more oil..water,,more massala..its endless

Thanks again guys for all your help with a bit of luck we can get this of the ground...at the moment it's hard work.....you just have to trust me on this one...If your happen to be up in Glasgow at anytime pop into my takeaway i'll make you one free of charge and if you like it then you'll know what to do

BB1

Offline bigboaby1

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 02:43 PM »
Right this is my last time guys..your right the base sauce is thick but it immediately loosen when it hits the pan....It's not a gahrabi or any other kind of base it's just one big pot of curry sauce ready made..thats how it's made in glasgow...it saves time and energy....If people prefer their big pot of bland yellow water then move on don't bother me with mine... I'm going out my way to try and help member's i don't have to do this..When i first put the base on i didn't realise the fuss it would cause.. Think i've started world war 3

BB1

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 02:52 PM »
If your happen to be up in Glasgow at anytime pop into my takeaway i'll make you one free of charge and if you like it then you'll know what to do

I might take you up on that Boaby.  :D
Whats the address of the takeaway?

Cheers, Frank. 

Offline Achille17

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 03:09 PM »
Think i've started world war 3
I absolutely don't see it that way! You've simply offered us a new cooking technique and we're glad to learn and want to be sure to proceed correctly with the greatest accuracy.

Thank you so much for your sharing and KEEP POSTING!

Offline stevejet66

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 03:20 PM »
quote from JB

Was it better than my usual curries using my prefered Little India Base sauce? No I don't think so.That's not a criticism,it's just that I'm more than happy with the curries I produce,this gives me more or less the same result albeit in a slightly different method.

I think that says it all!

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2013, 03:35 PM »
Right this is my last time guys.. I'm going out my way to try and help member's i don't have to do this..When i first put the base on i didn't realise the fuss it would cause.. Think i've started world war 3

You've neither caused a fuss nor started a war : what you have done (which is in itself quite a remarkable achievement) is inspired almost all regular posters, and many occasional ones, to read your recipes with interest and then comment on them.  This should not be something that causes you grief : rather, it should bring you joy, because many members post recipes and get not a single comment.  Of course you will get the odd one or two who will write "don't like it : too thick" or "that's not fried rice : it's pulao", but they are few and far between. The vast majority are very enthusiastic, and you must surely have seen that your recipes have attracted rave reviews.  Stick with it, Bigboaby, and don't let the occasional whinger get under your skin --- I don't say you need a thick skin to survive here, but it's certainly no place for shrinking violets : I've never met a Glaswegian who is one of the latter, so I think you can handle all this forum can throw at you with ease.

** Phil.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 03:53 PM »
Of course you will get the odd one or two who will write "don't like it : too thick" or "that's not fried rice : it's pulao", but they are few and far between.

What a complete arse you are Phil. My raising the point that what is undisputedly a pilau was being called a fried rice was and is completely valid and I'm still waiting for the Jocks to tell me what proper fried rice is called in Glasgow.

Equally the point of giving actual measurements rather than airy-fairy chef's measures was totally valid but because it doesn't fit in with your ancient-headed methodology you rail against the notion.

If BB1 had been more forthcoming with answers neither issue would have festered as it has. You're all too bloody scared you'll frighten off the newcomer, whereas I would say he needs to develop a thicker skin and integrate into the forum ethos a little more where debate is entered into.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 04:11 PM by Secret Santa »

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 03:59 PM »
And a Happy New Year to you too, Santa. 
** Phil.

Offline stevejet66

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2013, 04:01 PM »
Secret santer i couldnt agree more! Ive also noticed BB1 seems to be getting his arse in his hands,

As he said "If people prefer their big pot of bland yellow water then move on don't bother me with mine... "

So what!

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 04:11 PM »
Could either of you (Secret Santa, Steve Jet) tell the rest of us what you hope to achieve by trying to drive out an interesting and thought-provoking newcomer to the forum ?  One who actually /works/ in a British Indian Restaurant, to boot ? 

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes