Author Topic: Curries using Glasgow base  (Read 31316 times)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Curries using Glasgow base
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2013, 04:20 PM »
I have absolutely no desire to drive BB1 off. That doesn't mean I will shrink from asking perfectly reasonable questions and expect a reasonable answer. Or is that not the way forums work any more Phil?

I genuinely don't think BB1 understands how forums work. He has kindly replied to two of my questions in PMs, whereas they should have been answered in the forum. Similarly he has PM'd George answering his query, again it should have been answered in the forum.

He has to accept that a few comments will not agree with his world view and he can choose to ignore them or answer them, rather than acting like a little schoolgirl and threatening to leave.

Offline stevejet66

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2013, 04:22 PM »
Phil, Lots on here are supposed to have worked in bir's, Again! where are the result's? theres one youtube bir vid thats shows a base sauce being made, how BB1 is telling us, and if i find it i'll post it! its really not much different to anything ive seen. and ive seen them all.

Offline stevejet66

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2013, 04:29 PM »
Could either of you (Secret Santa, Steve Jet) tell the rest of us what you hope to achieve by trying to drive out an interesting and thought-provoking newcomer to the forum ?  One who actually /works/ in a British Indian Restaurant, to boot ? 

Phil, folk are asking genuine questions, unfortunaltly BB1 is getting ruffled up, cant find his post's, want's his own page! well the sites easy enough to search, someones question is easy to answer,
whats wrong with that? No ones asking him to sling his hook,

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2013, 04:40 PM »
Phil, folk are asking genuine questions, . . .  whats wrong with that? No ones asking him to sling his hook,
There's nothing wrong with questions, and it is important that newcomers to the forum are encouraged to accept that; that is why I wrote as I did, at length, above.  But it is also clear that Bigboab feels that (a) his ideas are not universally welcome, and that (b) if we are so ungracious as to challenge his ideas, then he may as well leave.  Now if, like some members who shall remain nameless, he had contributed nothing worthwhile to the forum whatsoever, then his leaving would not be a matter of regret.  But he has posted some new and very different recipes, some of which have attracted rave reviews.  So while I am not suggesting for one second that we should practice metaphorical @rs@-licking, I do think it is in all our interests to try to keep Bigboab on side and encourage him to publish more, at the same time trying to show him that criticism can have a positive role as well as a negative one.

** Phil.

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2013, 04:47 PM »
Perhaps if BB1 is not used to forums then members should help him rather than slag him off all the time. I for one just wish someone would do something constructive like cook the base, comment on it as they see fit and generally do something that will benefit and interest the rest of us. The only reasons I have not done it myself is that I am 'freezer full' with base at the moment and I do not have will or desire to try and do this at one tenth strength using letter scales to work out the weights to the nano gram.  :)

Offline stevejet66

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2013, 04:48 PM »
Well if your so besotted with his glasgow recipe i take it youve cooked it, tested it and posted a conclusion as to how it turned out! Phil your like a big kid with a new toy!

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2013, 04:54 PM »
Well if your so besotted with his glasgow recipe i take it youve cooked it, tested it and posted a conclusion as to how it turned out! Phil your like a big kid with a new toy!

I assume that was directed at Phil and not to the post that it follows?  ;) if the latter, may I suggest Specsavers?  ;D

Offline stevejet66

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2013, 04:57 PM »
Yes mate its for phil, thursday is my curry night ruby so i'll make the glasgow base and see how it pans out, i'll post the results, Not like phil full of waffle,

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2013, 04:58 PM »
When i first put the base on i didn't realise the fuss it would cause.. Think i've started world war 3

If you'd read some of the arguments at this forum in previous months/years, I think most people would see the response to your flurry of recipes and posts as overwhelmingly positive. I can't see how it could be seen as a conflict. As already said, your recipes have been tried and tested by at least two long standing members, and have received 'rave' reviews. Most people who post recipes can only dream of that level of response. 'Glasgow' has almost taken over the forum, so how can you be disappointed? The way I see it, there's a huge level of interest and at least a few questions. I don't see how that could be described as 'fuss'.  The reason for my question about spoon measures, for example, was because I want to give your recipes my best shot; not because I want to start World War 3.

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2013, 05:02 PM »
While this is going on
I'm going to peel some onions

©2024 Curry Recipes