Author Topic: My Curry Journey  (Read 41238 times)

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: My Curry Journey
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2013, 09:10 PM »
Tonight's effort and a request from the missus as its her favourite, was Chicken Ceylon. Using CA's base and recipe, I made a double amount and instead of using all coconut powder, I used half powder and used some creamed coconut (about an inch of block). Verdict, the best I've done yet and was as good as a TA one. I made Pilau rice but put a tad too much ghee in which means it should be perfect next time. Anyway here's the photo. Looking at the colours it should look a little darker.

Offline meggeth

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2013, 09:44 PM »
Man! I'm suddenly very hungry! Nice!

:)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2013, 12:49 AM »
Well done Gav! My first attempt making a ceylon, was with taz base and using stephen lindsays' recipe. I was absolutely ecstatic. That one does indeed make me hungry.

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2013, 07:51 AM »
Well done Gav! My first attempt making a ceylon, was with taz base and using stephen lindsays' recipe. I was absolutely ecstatic. That one does indeed make me hungry.

This is a favourite with my lot.

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2013, 08:18 PM »

Being married for quite a few years now, I've sat many a time in a restaurant whilst the missus is reading the menu like its the latest thriller and sending the waiter away because she hasn't decided. Eventually he comes back and its Mixed Kebab and Chicken Ceylon yet again.  :-\

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2013, 08:21 PM »

Being married for quite a few years now, I've sat many a time in a restaurant whilst the missus is reading the menu like its the latest thriller and sending the waiter away because she hasn't decided. Eventually he comes back and its Mixed Kebab and Chicken Ceylon yet again.  :-\

There is something about women and coconut curries.  ;)

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2013, 08:32 PM »

There is something about women and coconut curries.  ;)

You obviously don't know my lass.  ;D ;D

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2013, 10:30 PM »

Gav that looks virtually identical to my Ceylon. I actually made one last night, it's a staple I keep coming back to.

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2013, 08:16 PM »
Wife's away so I made my current favourite, Chicken Jafflong http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,8676.0.html Had it with a shop nan and also a couple of poppadoms done in the microwave. The rice was a batch I had in the freezer. I did add some red pepper along with the green pepper stated.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2013, 09:55 PM »
I'm enjoying your journey almost as much as you.  Some fine looking dishes being cooked ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes