Author Topic: Hi !!  (Read 2244 times)

Offline Sainty62

• Chef
    • View Profile
Hi !!
« on: January 24, 2013, 01:09 PM »
Good afternoon all, just joined as I'm a bit of a curry freak. Spent 9 years as a chef in the Army where I learnt to produce Gurkha style curries and am just starting out growing my own chillies for the 2nd time, used plants the first, now seeds, hoping for as much luck this time round.

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hi !!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 02:48 PM »
Good afternoon all, just joined as I'm a bit of a curry freak. Spent 9 years as a chef in the Army where I learnt to produce Gurkha style curries and am just starting out growing my own chillies for the 2nd time, used plants the first, now seeds, hoping for as much luck this time round.

Hi Sainty. Welcome to the site. Not been here long myself but learnt bundles. Look forward to some of your 'Gurka' suggestions and to see how you get on with your chillis.

Had quite a few 'army curries' in my time. Used to use some of the messes etc for functions over the years. Made me smile - whenever I ordered eg 'curry for 50' the response would be, " do you want it Hot, or NOT Hot" , and I could always guarantee it would have huge lumps of carrot in it. Went down a treat on top of a gallon of Guinness -    :o
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:04 PM by RubyDoo »

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 03:01 PM »
Welcome to the site Sainty :)

Offline Sainty62

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 03:43 PM »
Cheers all   ;D

Offline colin grigson

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 01:40 PM »
Hi Sainty and welcome from another REMF of 10 years .. good luck with the currys   :)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 05:02 PM »
Welcome to the club mate.

©2024 Curry Recipes