Author Topic: new toys  (Read 4993 times)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
new toys
« on: January 25, 2013, 12:19 AM »
So, I went out to the nearest argos today with an intention: To come back home with a hand blender and a pressure cooker. I picked a decent hand blender and a cheaper pressure cooker, but, I'm hoping it will do the trick.

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: new toys
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 07:20 AM »
So, I went out to the nearest argos today with an intention: To come back home with a hand blender and a pressure cooker. I picked a decent hand blender and a cheaper pressure cooker, but, I'm hoping it will do the trick.

Xmas comes late.  ;)

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 07:48 AM »
Good pressure cooker there gagomes i have the same one. Mine never came with instructions, would it be possible for you to email them to me please.

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 10:16 AM »
...and would you like to make any excuses for the Simpsons slippers or simply 'put you hands up' now ?  ;D

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 10:25 AM »
Good pressure cooker there gagomes i have the same one. Mine never came with instructions, would it be possible for you to email them to me please.

Not a problem at all. As I have a bad vision, I was planning on taking shots of the pages for quick consultation. I have, however, gone one step further and I mailed prestige asking for their manual in PDF format. Let's hope they will get back to us quick enough, otherwise, I'll get the pictures online for you during the weekend. PM me if I forget :-)

...and would you like to make any excuses for the Simpsons slippers or simply 'put you hands up' now ?  ;D

Haha! Yeah, no excuses there. I am as guilty as charged as you can get. Lovely slippers though!! ;-)

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 11:07 AM »

This may be helpful, HC:

Prestige Pressure Cooker Instructions
http://www.ehow.com/how_7833748_prestige-pressure-cooker-instructions.html

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 11:23 AM »

This may be helpful, HC:

Prestige Pressure Cooker Instructions
http://www.ehow.com/how_7833748_prestige-pressure-cooker-instructions.html

Judging from the third step, it doesn't seem to fit for mine:

"Place the lid on your pressure cooker and close it tightly. Place the 15-lb. weight that came with your pressure cooker onto the vent tube. Listen for it to click into place."

Mine doesn't have weights, as far as I've seen !?

A button that you can rotate from one side to the other which I have no idea of its purpose, it's right at the junction with the top handle and the pot.

The customerservices person got back to me with a ton of questions to figure out what exact model I am using. If only they had read the subject...

Thanks a lot for looking Salvador :)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 11:27 AM »
Got the manual, enjoy h4ppy-chris!

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 11:35 AM »
Sorry about that, chaps! Glad you're sorted now though.

I've lived 53 of my 54 years on this planet without a pressure cooker, but since acquiring one just after Christmas I now realise that many of those 53 years have been wasted.

I just can't stop using the thing!

And having bought a very good book on the subject, I'm amazed at just how much you can do with the things. It's not all about base gravy and stews, I'm delighted to discover...

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 11:43 AM »
Sorry about that, chaps! Glad you're sorted now though.

I've lived 53 of my 54 years on this planet without a pressure cooker, but since acquiring one just after Christmas I now realise that many of those 53 years have been wasted.

I just can't stop using the thing!

And having bought a very good book on the subject, I'm amazed at just how much you can do with the things. It's not all about base gravy and stews, I'm delighted to discover...

Don't be sorry, it's really helpful and I feel appreciated for you taking your time to do a quick search to help us ;-)

I am pretty much with you, except on the age :D, with regards to pressure cookers. They seem to be terra incognita to me as well!

©2024 Curry Recipes