Author Topic: Re-heating ( again ) Onion bhagis  (Read 12178 times)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Re-heating ( again ) Onion bhagis
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 10:25 PM »
Refry is the first option.   Anything less will affect the quality.  If you're prepared to sacrifice the quality then reheat under the grill, medium heat for 15 mins turning half way through.  The best compromise you're going to get i'm afraid  :-\

Does that dry them out / crisp them up Axe?

I'm not asure if you meant that for my comment or CH's but to answer to mine, I don't know, I refry. But one thing you should be aware of, is making sure which ever method you use, that the bhaji is piping hot in the centre when reheated. I would be concerned that the under the grill, your bhaji may end burnt to achieve this.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 10:31 PM »
But one thing you should be aware of, is making sure which ever method you use, that the bhaji is piping hot in the centre when reheated. I would be concerned that the under the grill, your bhaji may end burnt to achieve this.

That is why I think a gentle microwave to start off is no bad idea, Malc.
** Phil.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 10:53 PM »
RD I wonder if the sogginess is due to defrosting? - what about cooking from frozen at a slightly lower over temperature?

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 10:58 PM »
RD I wonder if the sogginess is due to defrosting? - what about cooking from frozen at a slightly lower over temperature?
Quite possibly as I notice a dampness in frozen pilau when defrosting it naturally. This goes when micro'd but of course then I am not after getting it crispy. When I defrost rice in the micro and then heat on full it does not do his so there could be method in what you suggest. Will give it a go.

©2024 Curry Recipes