Author Topic: A heathier alternative to Vegetable Oil?  (Read 19609 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: A heathier alternative to Vegetable Oil?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2013, 01:09 PM »
Paul, with all due respect, unless you can cite articles from Nature or from any recognised and peer-reviewed journal concerned with nutrition (Journal of Nutrition, British Journal of Nutrition, European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, etc.), I am afraid that I cannot take the material you cite seriously.  Sorry.

** Phil.

Offline Graham1

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2013, 07:45 PM »
What is wrong with the veg oil, it has a high burn point and so does not burn (so not creating carcinogens).  Also once the spices have infused with the oil the oil separates and puddles on top of the curry, spoon this off and put in a clean jar to use as your oil for next time (more flavour).  I see no reason at all to stop using veg oil.

But what ever you do DO NOT use Olive oil, not only does it ruin the taste but it burns as a lower temp and can be worse for you than veg oil.

Graham
http://heeraspices.com

Offline spiceyokooko

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2013, 08:11 PM »
Here are a few links:

Paul thank you for following up with those links.

I've read some of them and they contain interesting information. I'm not sure I agree with everything they say, but I don't disagree with them either. I think they provide a very good start point for further investigation.

At the end of the day people have to believe what they want to believe as there is so much conflicting information out there.

The bottom line as usual is that all fats are not particularly healthy for you particularly in the kind of quantities your average person consumes and should be consumed as part of a healthy varied diet.

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2013, 01:29 AM »
But what ever you do DO NOT use Olive oil, not only does it ruin the taste but it burns as a lower temp and can be worse for you than veg oil.aspices.com[/url]

Utter nonsense, if you want to spam at least get your facts right! >:(

©2024 Curry Recipes