Author Topic: Chicken Madras  (Read 8340 times)

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Madras
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 09:44 PM »
Joadt you have hit the chilli on the head. What works for you is key but One thing I have personally gained from this forum is the confidence and indeed desire to try new things. It is so easy to make the same tried and tested meal time and again but my regular table top critics are now demanding different things all the time now they also realise that Dad can make something different now and again that they may actually like just as much as their regular fare if only they were also willing to try it. .

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 09:49 PM »
Hi joadt
That looks a nice clean Madras with great colour and texture.
Really glad your having fun and enjoying your efforts.
Excellent that you made my base and followed on and made my Madras, cutting back on the oil is fine with me and I should do it more often.
Here's a screen grab from the my vid, and the two curries are very close indeed.

As for the Jhal Frezi and my Red Masala, just add any Tandoori Masala powder and Garam Masala powder
instead of the Pataks pastes. 1 rounded tsp of each should do the trick.

Nice to see somebody currying, instead of reading all the crap
from Phill and Co. (All the Time)

Good on ya joadt ;)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 09:56 PM »
Based on the pics, i'd definitely pay money for it.  Do you deliver?  ;D  Don't get hung up on the oil separation.  Looking at the finished product it probably did separate but because of the reduced quantity, it's difficult to see.  Good to see some tweaking to achieve the result you are looking for, having cooked the original first.  Keep up the good work  ;)

Offline joadt

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 10:17 PM »
I don't know what to say...thank you all very much for your kind comments. I thought people were going to laugh at it! Am I the Susan Boyle of curry making? ;-)

Thanks for your comments Chewytikka - watching your videos and reading the information on this forum has been a great learning experience! Thanks for the help with the red masala mix! I'm bursting to give the Jhal Frezi a go! I'm almost getting to the stage where preparing and cooking the curry is becoming more fun than eating it - bad, very bad.

©2024 Curry Recipes