Author Topic: unlocking the taste to indian takeaway, ebook out soon.  (Read 54331 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: unlocking the taste to indian takeaway, ebook out soon.
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 01:53 PM »
Echo previous comments.  Great footage Chris!  Very much looking forward to the book.  Any idea when it will be ready?  No rush like, take your time.

Rob  :)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 02:15 PM »
For those who are saying this video is marvellous - why?

What is it that it's showing you that we haven't seen done a dozen times before? There's nothing new here.

And before anyone goes off on one, I'm not trying to start a flame war. I am asking a genuine question because I just don't see what's so special about the video.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 02:19 PM »
About 6 minutes or so in the chef says it's veg ghee, adding: "It does the same job as veg oil but tastes different."

Except it doesn't. I've tried making two identical curries (madras), one with veg oil and one with veg ghee; the end results were identical.

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 02:48 PM »
Notwithstanding SS's comment I actually really liked this video but cannot put my finger on exactly why  ;)

Yes just another guy on another conveyor belt of spicy loveliness ( Nigellaesk? ). Not sure about all that veg ghee though.

Questions  _ why is it that these places never look 'splattered' ? I do one dish on a reasonable heat and even with the splatter guard deployed I still get it up the back wall and the hob always needs a strip down after my regular Saturday morning efforts.

Further, what are those pans? They look the mutt's nuts to me. Cheap, basic but fit for purpose obviously. Compared to my Sonex pans they are not only deeper but are more straight sided. Look easier to use? Any ideas anybody? Would like to try one. Also they seem to appear from nowhere, already cleaned and ready to go. Magic pans?  ;)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:59 PM by RubyDoo »

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 03:30 PM »

What is it that it's showing you that we haven't seen done a dozen times before? There's nothing new here.

And before anyone goes off on one, I'm not trying to start a flame war. I am asking a genuine question because I just don't see what's so special about the video.

Its not what he'd doing SS, as like you said, we've seen it all before.
Its the chef himself. Confident, looking to camera(although i think thats because Chris is holding it at eye level  :P) and offering advice and tips without being prompted or simply repeating what the interviewer has just said.
Most Indian chefs are quite shy so you dont get that interaction.  This guy has a TV chef thing about him.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 03:48 PM »

I put the video out so you people could see the guy that i am working with. Nothing more nothing less.
I for one, love to watch any chef that knows is stuff. Good question SS.

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 03:54 PM »

I put the video out so you people could see the guy that i am working with. Nothing more nothing less.
Can you shed any light on the pans Chris?

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 04:03 PM »

I will ask him for you mate.

Offline chef888

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 04:09 PM »
great vid  chris mate very  nicely shot ( ivan )

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 04:13 PM »

I will ask him for you mate.

Thank you

©2024 Curry Recipes