Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2041 times)

Offline gansant

• Chef
    • View Profile
Greetings
« on: February 07, 2013, 10:36 PM »
Hello everybody.
First off congratulations on making SMF a successful board, spammers forced me to take mine off my website but you guys seem to have been able to stop them.
Second I'm here to learn more about curry. I've been cooking curries for about a year now and I want to become the curry oracle.
Some of the recipes look fantastic but the amount of oil and fat in some of them trouble me. I understand how fat carries flavour and why a lot of the curry houses use ghee and oil. My aim is to expand my talents using more healthy types of cooking.
I'm looking forward to sharing what little I know and learning from the curry masters here. See you around.

Offline spiceyokooko

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:15 PM »
Welcome  :)

Yes, BIR style curries aren't exactly the healtiest ways of cooking and they do tend to use fairly large amounts of oil/fat. Healthy and BIR style curries are a bit of a paradox, you can't really create them without using unhealthy quantities of fat. You lose some of that unctuous quality they have.

Nevertheless at the expense of some of the flavour and sweetness fat imparts you can create quite enjoyable BIR style curries with less oil and fat than normal.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:24 PM »
welcome gansant!

Offline meggeth

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 11:35 PM »
Give us the secret of low fat, high taste curry!!!   ;D

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 01:08 PM »
Welcome gansant!

Offline colin grigson

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 03:03 PM »
A warm welcome from Slovakia gansant  :)

Offline gansant

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 01:12 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes guys. I'm doing a chciken on the bone curry this week and I'll get some pics and a run down of what I do. Hopefully it might work well here, it works for me.

©2024 Curry Recipes