Author Topic: Discount Wine Online  (Read 7912 times)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Discount Wine Online
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 01:42 PM »
It has always amazed me how popular these "off-topic" threads are!

Perhaps some people have nothing better to talk about or to contribute?  :o

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 02:09 PM »
So where do you get your wine from CA

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 02:11 PM »
So where do you get your wine from CA

As far as I can tell, it's totally irrelevant to BIR curries MT?

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 02:40 PM »
May be not but socially yes did actually put some wine in a base once not sure if it improved it but did no harm
Any way just passing time waiting for the Rugby

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 02:56 PM »
go to (e.g.,) Sainsbury's to see if that they have (ideally on offer) matches what you are looking for ...

No, I wasn't trying to negate your comment, specifically. I've been recommending the Wine Society for years' and I normally make the comment about trusting their comments whereas I don't trust supermarket comments, pricing, quality or anything about them. They are rogues. That's not to say you can't get perfectly good wine from a supermarket, if you know a specific wine and, maybe don't mind what you pay.
In my opinion the 'normal' price (what the wine is really worth) is the 'special offer' price, and the supermarket's claimed 'normal' price is actually often double the price. It's a con, so they can say there's 50% off.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 02:58 PM »
QED (you'll probably like that one Phil  ;))  ::)

Offline sp

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 03:03 PM »
It has always amazed me how popular these "off-topic" threads are!

Perhaps some people have nothing better to talk about or to contribute?  :o

Oh my, talking about other topics in a "talk about anything other than curry" forum section?  Sacrilege!  ;)

Offline sp

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 03:05 PM »
To add my two 'penneth, have you thought about brewing your own?  The kits available these days have come on leaps and bounds, I recently started brewing beer, cider and wine from kits.  The only downside is the initial cost of the brewing equipment and the waiting time for it to be ready to drink.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 03:10 PM »
Oh my, talking about other topics in a "talk about anything other than curry" forum section?  Sacrilege!  ;)

Here's the rub, in my opinion SP, when the more vocal members of this forum (and, therefore, the forum itself) spend most of their time posting about anything other then curries (not to mention posting pure claptrap) then the focus of this forum has been lost (in my opinion)!

Again, in my opinion, if people wish to discuss fine wines, etc, etc, then I think they should go elsewhere to discuss them.  There are, for sure, more appropriate places to dicuss them.

Contrast with a member of this forum (and I can think of only ONE) who has actually opened his own restaurant...and barely a murmur from said members.  Very sad, in my opinion.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 04:42 PM »
Here's the rub, in my opinion SP, when the more vocal members of this forum (and, therefore, the forum itself) spend most of their time posting about anything other then curries (not to mention posting pure claptrap) then the focus of this forum has been lost (in my opinion)!

Your wording reminds me of a favourite album of mine, from 1974, called 'There's the Rub' by the band 'Wishbone Ash'. Pure class, like a fine wine.

I think it's wrong to try and deter people from discussing any topic where there's obviously some common interest. The world would be a dull place if everyone only talked about curry. We get to know people on this forum in an online sort of way, so maybe they're some of the first people we turn to for friendly advice. You can also learn a lot, like I have from Jerry and other members' interesting posts about pizza, whereas I've never looked at a pizza forum or a wine forum, and only rarely at a KFC forum.

©2024 Curry Recipes