Author Topic: Chicken Tikka Pathia - Curried Away Style  (Read 30493 times)

Offline BIR-TY

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka Pathia - Curried Away Style
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 09:39 PM »
He said that is what the sauce is known as in its own right. Thing is george. I dont think they'll change because you dont like it

No-one is asking them to change, if you mean the takeaway and restaurant staff, just to drop the term on forums such as this. Otherwise we'll have to, for consistencies sake, start using haldi, jeera, mirch, murgh etc. instead of the English terms.

Just acknowledge that garabi is (outside of the takeaway) a stupid term and use the accurate base sauce terminology instead.

[/quote]
No-one is asking them to change, if you mean the takeaway and restaurant staff, just to drop the term on forums such as this. Otherwise we'll have to, for consistencies sake, start using haldi, jeera, mirch, murgh etc. instead of the English terms.
[/quote]

where's the consistency in that? they are the words of a foreign language, garabi is not

[/quote]
Just acknowledge that garabi is (outside of the takeaway) a stupid term and use the accurate base sauce terminology instead.
[/quote]

no I won't, if its good enough for them then its good enough for me

Offline bamble1976

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 09:43 PM »
Only on this site can a curry video with a term that is commonly used be accused of being rascist ::). Unbelievable.

Barry

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 09:49 PM »
where's the consistency in that? they are the words of a foreign language, garabi is not

So you're claiming garabi is an English word? I'd better start boning up on my English then as I'm clearly not as au-fait with its vocabulary as I imagined.

Offline BIR-TY

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 10:01 PM »

So you're claiming garabi is an English word? I'd better start boning up on my English then as I'm clearly not as au-fait with its vocabulary as I imagined.

at what point did I say garabi is English? it is a bastardisation as said before. now youre just being silly

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 10:15 PM »
it is a bastardisation as said before.

Actually that was my line.

now youre just being silly

No, I'm really not, nor am I trying to be clever. If you insist on using garabi, which is a term used in the takeaway kitchen, then you must their words for other things that they use, e.g. (as before) haldi, jeera, mirch etc.

Offline BIR-TY

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2013, 10:23 PM »
it is a bastardisation as said before.

Actually that was my line.

now youre just being silly

No, I'm really not, nor am I trying to be clever. If you insist on using garabi, which is a term used in the takeaway kitchen, then you must their words for other things that they use, e.g. (as before) haldi, jeera, mirch etc.

and so it goes on, lets just disagree, its boring me now so others must be near comatose

Offline pauly58

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 10:30 PM »
 :'( :'(  Yes we are.

Offline BIR-TY

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 10:35 PM »
:'( :'(  Yes we are.

hahahahahaha might have known ::)

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2013, 10:45 PM »
ridiculous, ask any Banglasdeshi staff if it offends them, I dont think they give a badgers backside. I said backside because arse would get moderated  ::)

I'll tell you what IS ridiculous Mick, is this pretence with the new account. Bert ::)

Haven't you worked out yet that the majority of Asians in service just want an easy life without confrontation and that they're just humouring you?
You need to learn some Bengali to really know what they're saying behind your back.  ;)
All the crap they have to put up with on a Saturday night says it all.

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2013, 10:50 PM »
And I thought they just spat in our curry

©2024 Curry Recipes