Author Topic: Chicken Jaipuri  (Read 39872 times)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Jaipuri
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 09:27 AM »
Thanks for that, will be making this for my Wednesday Darts Night.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 01:02 PM »
Hope to hear some feedback Unclefrank

I really enjoyed it -

best, Rich

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 03:09 PM »
Far to professional Rich
Your gonna have to come down a couple of pegs if I let you into my kitchen  ;)
Looks like one for the list
Lovely curry

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 12:07 PM »
OK here

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 12:21 PM »
...Hope someone else tries and enjoys...

I'll be making this dish tonight, Rich. Would you say your ingredient quantities posted above serve one person?

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 12:39 PM »
...Hope someone else tries and enjoys...

I'll be making this dish tonight, Rich. Would you say your ingredient quantities posted above serve one person?

A largish portion mate - it depends on how much chicken your throw in and base cream etc. Make sure there is a good large pinch of coriander thats the way the Indians make it. Dont forget the fresh lime!

let me know how you get on especially with my version of the Jaipuri spice mix - i  like it but some may not.
best, Rich

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 12:47 PM »
It's on tonight's menu! I'm looking forward to making it as it's very different to PanPot's Ashoka Jaipuri, which is a family favourite, but also the only version of the dish I've made. I'll double up on the ingredient quantities and give it a go. :)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 10:23 PM »
I made this to spec with best-guess double quantities according to the written ingredient list and photos.

Very nice indeed! Totally different to PanPot's Ashoka Jaipuri that I've been used to of course, but it received the golden seal of approval from my good lady wife and that's all the recommendation I need! :)

I was a bit concerned with the amount of garam masala in the spice mix, but it was unfounded and the dish went well with plain boiled basmati rice and freshly-prepared chapattis. There was a decent portion of sauce left over too, even though I reduced it down to a thick consistency.

All in all, a success. Thanks for posting the recipe, Rich. :)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 10:36 PM »
That was the last thing i needed to see before i go to bed Naga.  I'm now craving curry  >:( >:(  Yet another one for the "to do" list  ;D

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 03:52 AM »
I made this to spec with best-guess double quantities according to the written ingredient list and photos.

Very nice indeed! Totally different to PanPot's Ashoka Jaipuri that I've been used to of course, but it received the golden seal of approval from my good lady wife and that's all the recommendation I need! :)

I was a bit concerned with the amount of garam masala in the spice mix, but it was unfounded and the dish went well with plain boiled basmati rice and freshly-prepared chapattis. There was a decent portion of sauce left over too, even though I reduced it down to a thick consistency.

All in all, a success. Thanks for posting the recipe, Rich. :)

It looks fabulous Naga - i like it heavy on the coriander. Its really good reheated when its all infused - its one of my favourites this year.

Did you use chopped peppers in the end as well as chopped tomatoes. I tried two as i say and the second version with the peppers in had a subtle difference in flavour on the reheat test - Both nice though.

The thumbs up from her indoors makes a difference mate eh!

best, Rich

Just messing with a Korma at the moment and it wont be BIR as such but hopefully it will be a special!

©2024 Curry Recipes